Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I watch the Nottingham Panthers in the British Elite League and Zero Tolerance has just been bought in this season.

My question is how long did it take the games and players to settle down and get into the swing of things??

Out 3rd game of the season was Saturday night and in the 1st period we had a grand total of 1.08mins of 5 on 5 hockey! :eek:

And thats with 2 sides who try to play and not a bunch of goons! lol

Also, what do you guys think of Zero Tolerance?

·
Registered
91 Posts
LOVE it.
What i've hated about it in the NHL, is they've never been consistent with it.
They always fell back to their old ways and allowing the clutch and grabbing back into it's game.

My most hated 4 letter word in the english language, is "trap". Anything that prevents it to being used, is more than welcomed by me.

It took a few months for the scoring spike in the NHL to slightly go down..and I feel it takes a few months for the penalties to diminish as well.

The end result, is more open hockey...more frequent 2 on 1's...and just overall, watching the game of hockey being played like it should be. Using your sticks to score goals.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
The trap has been around for decades. The clutching and grabbing is a slow down technique that has also been around for ages (read a few game report from the 30's and 40's and you'll see it there too) but the key is the flow. Once you get a solid flow to the game it's better for everyone. Hopefully this year the flow will be there from day one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts