Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nov 15, 2006, 10:29 AM EST

First Major Sports League to Provide Content for the YouTube Community

SAN BRUNO, Calif. and NEW YORK -- YouTube, Inc., a consumer media company for people to watch and share original videos worldwide through a Web experience, and the National Hockey League (NHL) today announced they have formed a strategic content and advertising partnership in which the NHL will provide daily short-form video content to YouTube for the 2006-2007 season beginning this month.

The partnership marks the first time that a professional U.S. sports league has entered into a content agreement with YouTube. The agreement will enable users to access video highlights of NHL regular season games, which will be available within 24 hours of the original broadcast, in addition to other on and off ice footage.

“The partnership will enable the NHL to expose YouTube’s vast audience to all of the excitement and drama of the new NHL,” said Doug Perlman, NHL Executive Vice President, Media. “What a great way to showcase the talent of our athletes.”

“By delivering a wide array of daily programming to YouTube, the NHL will be able to connect with its existing fan base and reach a vast new audience that is passionate about hockey,” said Kevin Donahue, vice president of content for YouTube. “Today’s agreement demonstrates how major sports leagues are realizing the powerful benefits YouTube offers in terms of growing their audience and creating a new channel for generating revenue.”

FULL STORY

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Good now maybe we can have a YouTube section for game highlights (hint hint to Admins) !!

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Hope this isn't replacing the Google Video deal. Lately the games haven't been posted on Google and today there were only three games available (two Canuck games and the 1974 Stanley Cup deciding game)

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rids said:
Hope this isn't replacing the Google Video deal. Lately the games haven't been posted on Google and today there were only three games available (two Canuck games and the 1974 Stanley Cup deciding game)
If your looking for games on Google, it was only free for the first 2 weeks of November, now you have to pay!! Not sure if you knew that or not?

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Hmm... well, I can't argue with that. If you ask me, the NHL finally made a decent move here.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NHL, YouTube agree to show clips of games

Associated Press
Nov 16, 2006, 12:20 PM EST

NEW YORK (AP) -Video-sharing site YouTube will show clips of NHL games, its first agreement with a professional sports league.

The agreement reached Wednesday will allow users to see video highlights of this season's NHL regular-season games, within 24 hours of the original broadcast.

The service will become available this month.

"The partnership will enable the NHL to expose YouTube's vast audience to all of the excitement and drama of the new NHL," said Doug Perlman, NHL Executive vice president of media. "What a great way to showcase the talent of our athletes."

FULL STORY

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Good idea for both parites. Youtube needed some good press after all the talk about google getting ripped off. The NHL gets to be the first pro sports league to get onboard with the hip, newish technology while getting great exposure online.

And us fans we too!

:D

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
shookem said:
The NHL gets to be the first pro sports league to get onboard with the hip, newish technology while getting great exposure online.

And us fans we too!

:D
And being 1st helps. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Ah the NHL is back on Google! Tonight I found a few pages of games and am currently downloading the Oilers win over the Blues. Trick of it is that you need to go to video.google.ca to find them. At least I hope that's the trick since video.google.com only had two games yesterday when I looked and tonight on the Canadian version there's a bunch. And so far nobody has wanted my VISA number.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts