Hockey Fan Forums banner

Your favourite/ Most energetic arena in the NHL?

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Canuck 
#1 ·
What is your favourite arena in the NHL right now?

And what NHL arena do you thinks is the most energetic and loud?

#5 · (Edited)
Buffalo's seems fairly loud. I guess ill find out soon enough. Im going to the Sabres vs Penguins in buffalo on January 5th, Hopefully it will be a great game with crosby malkin and all the other great players on these two young and very talented teams.

But the loudest has to be the Rexall Place in Edmonton or the Bell Centre in Montreal.

My favourite's are ScotiaBank Place in Ottawa, Bell Centre in Montreal, HSBC in Buffalo, and GM Place in Vancouver.

#7 ·
shookem said:
I've heard that Chicago is the loudest when people show up but that hasn't happened in a season or too. Edmonton and Colorado as well as Montreal and Toronto (in the playoffs) are some of the arenas that seem the loudest to me.
I was in Chicago in 2003 to watch them play the Canucks in the United Center. The arena is big but i wasnt no were near as loud as the ScotiaBank place and Bell Centre was when i was at they're games.

#9 ·
The Rexall Place in Edmonton, The Saddledome in Calgary, The HSBC Arena for Buffalo, and dare I say it, the RBC Center in North Carolina. Say what you will about the team and location, but those 'Canes fans are LOUD!!!

Also, the HP Pavillion, AKA "Shark Tank". The Bell Center can also get loud, and so does the Gaylord Entertainment Arena in Nashville. They don't sellout games, but if they did the building would probably move an inch when the Preds score.

#10 · (Edited)
The Rexall Place in Edmonton, The Saddledome in Calgary, The HSBC Arena for Buffalo, and dare I say it, the RBC Center in North Carolina. Say what you will about the team and location, but those 'Canes fans are LOUD!!! (hopefully I won't be hearing it too much in the game there tonight.

Also, the HP Pavillion, AKA "Shark Tank". The Bell Center can also get loud, and so does the Gaylord Entertainment Arena in Nashville. They don't sellout games, but if they did the building would probably move an inch when the Preds score.

I'll have to put in a word for the Reunion Arena as wll. Where the Dallas Stars used to play before they moved to their new building. Come playoff time I would always be cheering on the Oilers (my 2nd favourite team) since the Leafs were missing th playoffs at the time. Everytime they went into Dallas, I would always dread the Stars scoring a goal because once they got one in you could just feel the life being sucked out of you. It was something.

It's not like that now in their new building though. The American Airlines Arena rarely sells out these days. I mean, they're still loud, but it's not even close comapared to the Reunion Arena from about 1996-2000.

#11 ·
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
Everytime they went into Dallas, I would always dread the Stars scoring a goal because once they got one in you could just feel the life being sucked out of you. It was something.
That life sucking moment was the A/C kicking in trying to keep the ice from turning into the world's largest slurpee.

#13 ·
Rids said:
That life sucking moment was the A/C kicking in trying to keep the ice from turning into the world's largest slurpee.
True, their ice sucked.

Only Dallas could rule that rink.

faulkner91sf said:
im sure in pittburgh when the lights went out im sure it was pretty energetic and loud.
LOL! I think that happened last season when they played the Leafs. :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.