Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats your favorite fight memory. March 26th, 1997, one of the greatest fights in hockey history.. well in my oppinion....

Great fight by Vernon and Roy... ill never forget bloody patrick:laugh: he is a good player.. but my wings topped all these guys out.

Brendan Shanahan and adam foote were nothing to shake a stick at... and finally , darren McCarty and CLaudia. A memory of him crouched down like a turtle will forever be enshrined in my mind and on my wall. that picture I have autographed by mac. That was one of his favorite MEMORIES!!!!!!!;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Best fight I remember is Probert and Domi. Don't remember where it was, but I can still picture Domi, getting punched in the head, and he's got a huge smile on his face as he's punching back. Friggin hilarious.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
961 Posts
Probert Domi

HabsRule said:
Best fight I remember is Probert and Domi. Don't remember where it was, but I can still picture Domi, getting punched in the head, and he's got a huge smile on his face as he's punching back. Friggin hilarious.
If i recall that fight was at madison sqaure garden. i cant recall what season this happened in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Actually, I think it would have to be either Maple Leaf Gardens, the ACC, or Joe Louis. Probert played for the Wings, until he was completely messed up and couldn't play, and Domi was playing for the Leafs at the time.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
961 Posts
Probert Vs Domi

HabsRule said:
Actually, I think it would have to be either Maple Leaf Gardens, the ACC, or Joe Louis. Probert played for the Wings, until he was completely messed up and couldn't play, and Domi was playing for the Leafs at the time.
I will checkout my detroit red wings media guides for this one. i still say that this happened when domi was with the new york rangers,i could be wrong but i will check it out and post it here.
 
Joined
·
410 Posts
The fight I clearly remember when I was about 16 was in 1972 or somewhere around there I believe when Wayne Maki and high powered defensemen Ted Green fought with STICKS. It was brutal. Wayne Maki has a concussion and his career was ended. Ted Green and Maki were both suspended around 15-20 games and I remember the NHL boards had a real issue with this incident.

Another fight I also will never forget was when Wayne Gretzky fought Neil Broten. That was the worst fight I have ever seen. Gretzky got punched twice in the face and fell down then Semenko and the refs came in to break it up. Broten was a coward/p**** if I shall say so but still managed to beat up Gretzky. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.
 
Joined
·
410 Posts
HabsRule said:
Actually, I think it would have to be either Maple Leaf Gardens, the ACC, or Joe Louis. Probert played for the Wings, until he was completely messed up and couldn't play, and Domi was playing for the Leafs at the time.
No.

OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
It was at Madison Square Garden.
And no.

It was in 1992-1993 when Domi was on the Jets and Probert was on the Wings. It was a Winnepeg home game so therefore it was at the Winnepeg Arena.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
961 Posts
Probert Vs Domi

HabsRule said:
Best fight I remember is Probert and Domi. Don't remember where it was, but I can still picture Domi, getting punched in the head, and he's got a huge smile on his face as he's punching back. Friggin hilarious.
Well i have done some checking and there were 2 big fights between these 2 heavyweights.
the first match was on 2-9-1992 detroit at new york rangers at MSG
the 2nd match was on 12-2-1992 detroit at new york rangers at MSG

after all of these years i still have both of these games on VHS.
 
Joined
·
410 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
Well i have done some checking and there were 2 big fights between these 2 heavyweights.
the first match was on 2-9-1992 detroit at new york rangers at MSG
the 2nd match was on 12-2-1992 detroit at new york rangers at MSG

after all of these years i still have both of these games on VHS.
Same! I have some matches with the Scouts and Canucks in the 70s since I lived in Kansas for 15 years and Vancouver for the largest portion of my life. I taped the fight with Wayne Maki and Ted Green with sticks. I haven't watched it in 7 years. I also have the first Simpsons episodes from 1990 taped on. I watched them yesterday and all the commercials were kool aid sponsered ones. I have bad memory. I am sure though Domi fought Probert when Domi was on Winnepeg.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
961 Posts
Probert Vs Domi

masterofhockeyknowledge said:
Same! I have some matches with the Scouts and Canucks in the 70s since I lived in Kansas for 15 years and Vancouver for the largest portion of my life. I taped the fight with Wayne Maki and Ted Green with sticks. I haven't watched it in 7 years. I also have the first Simpsons episodes from 1990 taped on. I watched them yesterday and all the commercials were kool aid sponsered ones. I have bad memory. I am sure though Domi fought Probert when Domi was on Winnepeg.
WELL i have checked out the probert vs domi in a couple of red wings books i have and the fights were when domi was with the new york rangers. and they happened at MSG.and as far as Ted Green he was in the WHA from 1972 thru 1979.and when he was playing for boston they did not have any VHS or BETA recorders For taping games at home.the only people then that were taping with recorders were the TV stations.
 
Joined
·
410 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
WELL i have checked out the probert vs domi in a couple of red wings books i have and the fights were when domi was with the new york rangers. and they happened at MSG.and as far as Ted Green he was in the WHA from 1972 thru 1979.and when he was playing for boston they did not have any VHS or BETA recorders For taping games at home.the only people then that were taping with recorders were the TV stations.
Sorry if I was mistaken. Those were highlights from a sports show on ESPN in 1997. It was showing the stick war clip. It was about 6 minutes I'm sure. I also saw the stick war when I was a teen. What year was it 68? 70? 72? I forget. Ted Green was a great defensemen but lost his reputation after that fight. The league made a big deal out of the war. If that happened nowadays they would both be in jail facing assault charges.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top