Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who was your favorite cleveland baron. the california seals moved to cleveland for the 1976-77 and 1977-78 seasons before mergering with the minnesota north stars for the 1978-79 season.who was your favorite baron. lets hear from you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It was Dennis Maruk for me....I was a season ticket holder both years the team was in Cleveland.....Maruk was like a little waterbug skating around..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bob Murdoch...does anyone know what happened that led to relatively quick exit from the NHL? He played in 78-79 with the Blues, put up fairly decent numbers on a bad team...then was in the minors for a season after that and done. Injuries? Just lost a gear? Other?

BTW, my first post on this forum, and before growing up a Washington Capitals fan in Connecticut(I liked the underdogs as a kid) I pulled for the Barons, and always hated the fact they left so quickly. Naturaly, I feel the same way about the Seals...I was a bit too young to really know much about them, but have a soft spot for them. I guess I should find the Scouts and Rockies board as well;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts