Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how are the Nashville fans liking him?
2 Goals tonight by the way.

You can say your welcome to the stupid General Manager of the Montreal Canadiens, and their moronic fans who don't know anything about hockey.

·
Super Leafs Fan
4,714 Posts
Ah yeah, Perreault. Me and my dad were talking about him during the Leaf game last night, wondering what happened to him. Well I'm assuming he's in Nashville right now.

Still can't forget his four goal game in 1999, or being #1 on the faceoff, I believe he's still up there in the top 5 in the league. Fairly impressive!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's also very cheap and is the NICEST guy ever. Never ever complains when he's benched, put on a lower line or even was put on defence a couple of games.
Never once complained.

I think some people should start considering other factors than "nice dekes"
Because it seems that's all Kovalev can do.
Too bad Montreal had to get rid of Perrault to make room for Kovalev.
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
10,689 Posts
go_leafs_go02 said:
Ah yeah, Perreault. Me and my dad were talking about him during the Leaf game last night, wondering what happened to him. Well I'm assuming he's in Nashville right now.

Still can't forget his four goal game in 1999, or being #1 on the faceoff, I believe he's still up there in the top 5 in the league. Fairly impressive!
We could have used him on the draw VS Stephane Yelle on Friday :censure:

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Montreal_Goalie39 said:
He's also very cheap and is the NICEST guy ever. Never ever complains when he's benched, put on a lower line or even was put on defence a couple of games.
Never once complained.

I think some people should start considering other factors than "nice dekes"
Because it seems that's all Kovalev can do.
Too bad Montreal had to get rid of Perrault to make room for Kovalev.
:rolleyes:

Yeah because Perrault is a much better hockey player than Kovalev....I mean...when you line up the stats over their careers...Perrault wins hands down right??:censure: NO! Perrault is decent but that's all....decent.....good at faceoffs and as physically and defensively soft as a marshmallow cloud........

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
capebretoncanadien said:
Yeah because Perrault is a much better hockey player than Kovalev....I mean...when you line up the stats over their careers...Perrault wins hands down right??:censure: NO! Perrault is decent but that's all....decent.....good at faceoffs and as physically and defensively soft as a marshmallow cloud........
LOL here we go.
Did you even read what the Nashville fans are saying about him?

Your one of those blind fans who are ready to kiss Kovalev's ass. Kovalev has nothing on Yanic Perreault. Yanic Perreault doesn't whine like a little baby he's a true hockey player. Luc Robitaille and Martin St Louis aren't big and physical. So what? Kovalev isin't physical, he's just a big goof who plays when he feels like it.
And put Yannic Perreault with Mario Lemieux, I bet you he'll get tons of points on his career stats too.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Montreal_Goalie39 said:
LOL here we go.
Did you even read what the Nashville fans are saying about him?

Your one of those blind fans who are ready to kiss Kovalev's ass. Kovalev has nothing on Yanic Perreault. Yanic Perreault doesn't whine like a little baby he's a true hockey player. Luc Robitaille and Martin St Louis aren't big and physical. So what? Kovalev isin't physical, he's just a big goof who plays when he feels like it.
And put Yannic Perreault with Mario Lemieux, I bet you he'll get tons of points on his career stats too.
You're just unstoppable aren't you? Yanic Perreault......the one that got away huh?? By what standard are you comparing the two you philistine?? Just from this year alone Kovalev is having the better year to date. It would be even more painfully obvious had he not missed all that time due to his injury. Kovalev has 27 points in twenty seven games....Perreault has 28 in 41, a much lower ratio. Kovalev is a +1, Perreault is a -6. What Nashville fan(s)? Don't you mean Nashville FAN? The main guy in here blowing that softies horn is lo and behold....YOU:0pouce: I'll guarantee you that these stats continue to become more and more tilted in Kovalevs favor as the season goes on. I'm not here to kiss Kovalevs 'ass' as you so elegantly put it. Just here to shed a little reality on your life.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
capebretoncanadien said:
You're just unstoppable aren't you? Yanic Perreault......the one that got away huh?? By what standard are you comparing the two you philistine?? Just from this year alone Kovalev is having the better year to date. It would be even more painfully obvious had he not missed all that time due to his injury. Kovalev has 27 points in twenty seven games....Perreault has 28 in 41, a much lower ratio. Kovalev is a +1, Perreault is a -6. What Nashville fan(s)? Don't you mean Nashville FAN? The main guy in here blowing that softies horn is lo and behold....YOU:0pouce: I'll guarantee you that these stats continue to become more and more tilted in Kovalevs favor as the season goes on. I'm not here to kiss Kovalevs 'ass' as you so elegantly put it. Just here to shed a little reality on your life.
Kovalev: 4 Million a year.
Perreault: Under 1 Million a year.

I rest my case.
Stats are nothing. It's fun when Kovalev gets 5 points one night, then none the following three games. He's also getting a hell of alot of ice time. Did you forget that? Kovalev's playing with Koivu and the best Habs players.
Who's Perreault playing with?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Montreal_Goalie39 said:
Kovalev: 4 Million a year.
Perreault: Under 1 Million a year.

I rest my case.
Stats are nothing. It's fun when Kovalev gets 5 points one night, then none the following three games. He's also getting a hell of alot of ice time. Did you forget that? Kovalev's playing with Koivu and the best Habs players.
Who's Perreault playing with?
Nashville!! hahaha........stats are nothing? do you even read what you say?? Jeez

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
capebretoncanadien said:
Nashville!! hahaha........stats are nothing? do you even read what you say?? Jeez
Yes stats are nothing because there are so many different circumstances.
For example, the team the person plays with, the people the person plays with, the $$$, the ice time they get.. etc.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Montreal_Goalie39 said:
Yes stats are nothing because there are so many different circumstances.
For example, the team the person plays with, the people the person plays with, the $$$, the ice time they get.. etc.
Ok then using your *ahem* "interesting logic if you had a guy that could score 80 points and have a +/- of say 15 and a guy that could score 50 points and have a +/- of say -15 then it would be a tossup because 'stats don't matter'......ridiculous. Throw the ice time and $$$ out the window. We're all playing with a salary cap now and if Perreault deserved the ice time Kovalev got.....wouldn't he be getting it??

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
capebretoncanadien said:
Ok then using your *ahem* "interesting logic if you had a guy that could score 80 points and have a +/- of say 15 and a guy that could score 50 points and have a +/- of say -15 then it would be a tossup because 'stats don't matter'......ridiculous. Throw the ice time and $$$ out the window. We're all playing with a salary cap now and if Perreault deserved the ice time Kovalev got.....wouldn't he be getting it??
He's got guys that are actually performing better than he is in Nashville like Kariya Sullivan etc.

The line of Zednik Koivu Perreault was better than anyone's line with Kovalev on it.
Actually the other game.. Koivu played on the 2nd line and Kovalev played with Ribeiro. Koivu still performed great. Kovalev? Invisible.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Montreal_Goalie39 said:
He's got guys that are actually performing better than he is in Nashville like Kariya Sullivan etc.

The line of Zednik Koivu Perreault was better than anyone's line with Kovalev on it.
Actually the other game.. Koivu played on the 2nd line and Kovalev played with Ribeiro. Koivu still performed great. Kovalev? Invisible.
Actually Kovalev was pretty good, he got some shots some hits was a +1 on the game and added an assist. Whaddaya need anyway? There were a lot of games Perreault was invisible for the Habs too, because he'd be sitting his soft marshmallow butt on the bench.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts