Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I don't like video games

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What gaming system(s) do you plan on buying (if any), and which one do you think will be the best?

I'm thinking it's the XBOX 360. I was watching E3 2006 a few months back, and after seeing how Sony's PS3 was with a whole extra year to develop their system after Microsoft's came out, I was left wondering how their graphics weren't any better.

I mean, they were good, but once again they were beat out by XBOX, which is just a little more crispier, brighter, and more colourful, yet again. It's already on the top of my list.

The Nintendo Wii also impressed me. I remember laughing at the nun-chucka controllers when I first saw them on-line, but when I saw the way they worked on TV, it was amazing. Very surprising the technology they've created.

There's so much control, and the graphics look pretty good. Not the 360 "fresh" look to it of course, but still pretty good.

Anyway, I'm buying the 360 for sure, but I'll definitely wait and see what people think about the Wii.

Your thoughts....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, I have a 360, and it is amazing. NHL 2k6 for it has great graphics and the Next-Gen hockey games for 360 should be amazing.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, what games do you have, and did you see the NHL 07 previews? They're awesome!

·
Registered
109 Posts
gocanes said:
Yeah, I have a 360, and it is amazing. NHL 2k6 for it has great graphics and the Next-Gen hockey games for 360 should be amazing.
If you liked that you should consider getting NHL 2K7 and NHL 07. I can't decide whether(sp?) to get a PS3 or a 360.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woo. Got a 360 on Monday.

Loving it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was less than $580, but came to around $630 with the extra wireless controller I got along with it (since it only comes with one).

It was the Premium Pack, not the core. ;)

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
109 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
Yeah man, that's it!

The Core pack would be priced at about $100 less.
Alright cool,is that a good deal? I think it's a pretty good deal since it comes with the 360 pro, headset, wireless controller, 3 games, etc.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's good. Some stores may have it priced at $1-$2 less to grab one's attention ($497.98, $498.99, and all that stuff), but the $499.99 is pretty much the usual price.

And yes, headset and stuff included.

·
Registered
109 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
It's good. Some stores may have it priced at $1-$2 less to grab one's attention ($497.98, $498.99, and all that stuff), but the $499.99 is pretty much the usual price.

And yes, headset and stuff included.
Okay, great. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I played NHL 07 on my buddies XBOX 360 a few nights ago and I'm really itching to go out and get one.

Perhaps something one would buy themselves with a tax-refund? Hmmm.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Hmm, my g/f just got a DS lite so we're pretty hyped about Nintendo right now.

That and the reasonable price of the Wii are making me re-think my 360 plans. And I've always loved the exclusive titles and characters Nintendo has.

Hmmmm...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts