Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, this is the only time of the year I watch WWE because of Wrestlemania. This thread will be discussing WWE and wrestlemania past events you saw or remember. You also can predict the matches.

Here are the matches:
WWE Tag Team Title: Kane & Big Show versus Carlito & Chris Masters
USA Title: Chris Benoit versus JBL
Casket match: Undertaker versus Mark Henry
Money in the Bank match: Shelton Benjamin versus Ric Flair versus Rob Van Dam versus Finlay versus Matt Hardy versus an opponent later to be named.
Street Fight: Edge versus Mick Foley
Vince McMahon versus Shawn Michaels
WWE Title: John Cena verus Triple H
World Heavyweight Title: Kurt Angle versus Rey Mysterio versus Randy Orton

My Prediction:
WWE Tag Team match: Big Show and Kane win
USA Title: Chris Benoit wins
Casket match: Undertaker destroys Mark Henry like he always does to others on Wrestlemania.
Money in the Bank: The opponent later to be named match next week on Smackdown I bet will be Booker T versus the Boogeyman. I bet it. Booker T wins after Sharmell cheats. In the money in the bank match I bet Rob Van Dam wins. Definitely not Finlay or Shelton Benjamin. I think it will either be RVD or Ric Flair. I bet Rob Van Dam wins.
Street Fight: Edge wins. He gives Mick Foley a deadly shot with a weapon with the help of Lita and bust Mick's head open and wins.
Vince and Shawn Michaels: It will be another Hulk Hogan versus Vince match like Wrestlemania 19. Shawn wins.
WWE Title: I hate to say it but wigger John Cena wins :thumbsdow.
World Heavyweight Title: Red Mysterio wins because each time the person who won the royal rumble always wins the main event in Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I dont even watch it anymore. over dramatized soap opera with fake fights. its something id rather not lament. I more so enjoy watching more hockey or watching really cool movies or going out. I dont like spending the night watching WE wrestling. all I can remember is the years it was the WWF. but oh well, i dont think I have missed much.

I watched five mins of it and i totally remember alot of it. well with the older wrestlers. the new ones i caught on quickly. its rather boring. so again. ick. dont watch it anymore. it was better when i was a little girl. its too over hyped and its totally FAKE!

410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shanny14 said:
I dont even watch it anymore. over dramatized soap opera with fake fights. its something id rather not lament. I more so enjoy watching more hockey or watching really cool movies or going out. I dont like spending the night watching WE wrestling. all I can remember is the years it was the WWF. but oh well, i dont think I have missed much.

I watched five mins of it and i totally remember alot of it. well with the older wrestlers. the new ones i caught on quickly. its rather boring. so again. ick. dont watch it anymore. it was better when i was a little girl. its too over hyped and its totally FAKE!
I know it's so funny how they are such bad actors. I liked it more when it looked more real and had no drama and soap opera acts. But yet again if you hate it so much why did you reply to my thread?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
thought it was interesting. decided to put my thoughts. I cant do that?

I liked it in the days of jessie the body, Jimmy the super fly snooka, the undertaker in his younger years, sting, Andre the Giant. they all were great wrestlers, a young rick flare. the list could go on forever. but i wont just to save space.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'd have to agree. My wife got me watching WWE again about 4 years ago. But lately, we haven't watched it. Spike tv started carrying the UFC stuff, and well that was the end of WWE for us. It's on at the same time, and way more entertaining. But all that being said, chances are we'll likely watch Wrestlemania. Maybe Stone Cold will show up and make it interesting.

410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HabsRule said:
I'd have to agree. My wife got me watching WWE again about 4 years ago. But lately, we haven't watched it. Spike tv started carrying the UFC stuff, and well that was the end of WWE for us. It's on at the same time, and way more entertaining. But all that being said, chances are we'll likely watch Wrestlemania. Maybe Stone Cold will show up and make it interesting.
UFC is fun to watch but I hate how the matches are even matched. There is no dominant fighter in the UFC except Royce Gracie and Chuck Liddell. WWE has some lopsided matches where they have Vince McMahon on steroids fighting and getting beaten up.

·
Registered
229 Posts
masterofhockeyknowledge said:
UFC is fun to watch but I hate how the matches are even matched. There is no dominant fighter in the UFC except Royce Gracie and Chuck Liddell. WWE has some lopsided matches where they have Vince McMahon on steroids fighting and getting beaten up.
LOL, come on, I love watching Vince get clobbered. That's hilarious. But yeah, I'd have to agree that the UFC is much more even now. I can't wait for I beleive it's April, when Royce Gracie takes on Matt oh crap I can't remember his last name. He was the coach on the last ultimate fighter. Any way, they are going head to head on PPV. I CAN'T WAIT. Unfortunatley, I'm going to say Matt is going to win. I've been watching the UFC since the beginning, but the fighters are way more technical now. There's no way Tank Abbott, or Dan Severn would be able to compete.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
Im a big fan of wwe wrestling but between john cena vs tripple h for the wwe title i had to admit that jon cena is not going to win because tripple h got that big slagd hammer it can busted john cena's head..

It was great to talk with you guys

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have been a wrestling fan since 1982, so definitely am a big time wrestling fan. I watch it faithfully every Monday night, regardless if I have to tape it or not, I won't miss a show. :D

Yes, wrestling is indeed scripted, but that doesn't make it any less entertaining, in my opinion. It was mentioned that it's like a soap opera... EXACTLY! That's what I love about it most. I love the drama that entails in the storylines. Sure, a lot of it is indeed cheesy and crazy, but I love it.

I'll be ordering Wrestlemania 22 for sure. There is already about ten matches signed and I'm stoked for it. :D

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
yes i meantioned that, the ony wrestlers i liked were the undertaker, Stone cold steve austin, Goldberg. those were my favorites. and i liked sting when i was smaller, and i vaguely remember the sheik. they were all cool.

·
Registered
229 Posts
shanny14 said:
yes i meantioned that, the ony wrestlers i liked were the undertaker, Stone cold steve austin, Goldberg. those were my favorites. and i liked sting when i was smaller, and i vaguely remember the sheik. they were all cool.
Stone Cold and the Rock, are responsible for WWE being as big as it is. No one else comes close to the fan reaction and base that they have. Cena is getting there, but who here hasn't seen a 3:16 bumper sticker, or a just bring it shirt?

·
Banned
14 Posts
I've been following the wwf/wwe for about 25 years not, and it provides a sense of entertainment for me. I know that matches are faked and scripted, but i watch for the shear comic value of it. Yes the are scripted, but a fraction of it is real and those performers work it every show.

I do watch UFC all the time as well, and cant wait for the next show.

410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HabsRule said:
LOL, come on, I love watching Vince get clobbered. That's hilarious. But yeah, I'd have to agree that the UFC is much more even now. I can't wait for I beleive it's April, when Royce Gracie takes on Matt oh crap I can't remember his last name. He was the coach on the last ultimate fighter. Any way, they are going head to head on PPV. I CAN'T WAIT. Unfortunatley, I'm going to say Matt is going to win. I've been watching the UFC since the beginning, but the fighters are way more technical now. There's no way Tank Abbott, or Dan Severn would be able to compete.
Royce Gracie is returning to fight Matt Hughes. Matt Hughes is the Welterweight Champion. I remember watching UFC the very first day it came out and this big black fighter got beaten up so badly. I think Dan Severn demolished him. Ken Shamrock was also good but got killed by Gracie. Royce Gracie is known as the best grappler in the world. There is also another really good fighter in the UFC. I think he's the Heavyweight Champion and he's going to fight Tim Sylvia and kick Sylvia's butt.

Goldberg was the most dominant member in the WWE. I remember he dominated The Rock so easily. He also beat up Chris Jericho.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts