Hockey Fan Forums banner

Would the flyer record be better if Hitchcock was still the coach?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the Flyers record be better if Ken Hitchcock was still the coach of the team??

Also give a reason why it would or wouldent be better.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
No, I think Hitchcock is a good coach but the team is just garbage right now. Maybe they'd have a bit of a better record but ultimatly it'd be the same story.

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the Philly Flyers would be still doing alot better than they are right now if Ken Hitchcock was still their coach. All the experience hes got and how he motivates players to get on their game and what he teaches players to do I think would have gave this team a turn around and they probably wouldent be at the position they are in right now. Bad decision by that idiot Owner of the Flyers to fire Ken. The Owner obviously knew nothing about hockey and forced Clarke to step down as GM because he wouldent fire Ken. I just cant believe what that idiot owner Schneider has got that team into

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
no, b/c the Flyers need more good players that are experienced.

"This year is a rebuilding year"

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Don't kid yourself, Clarke would have fired Hitch at the drop of a dime, with no problem, that's the type of guy he is. The only reason he stepped down, Schneider is his father-in-law, and it would look worse for the organization if he had of fired him.

I think there are more problems with the players themselves rather than the coaching. One of the big problems is Forsberg in and out of the line-up every other day, I think if they were winning more, Forsberg would not be out as much!! On a side note: There is something about Philly and Captains!! :dunno: Maybe they shouldn't have one?? And what about Gagne, where has he been? or Umberger, Kapanen, Sanderson etc., no, their problems go much deeper than who's coaching.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
panoo said:
Don't kid yourself, Clarke would have fired Hitch at the drop of a dime, with no problem, that's the type of guy he is. The only reason he stepped down, Schneider is his father-in-law, and it would look worse for the organization if he had of fired him.
Correct me if im wrong but I swear I heard him say once he would push his own mother down the stairs for a win or something like that.

But I think Hitchcock could have had the team at a better record then they are at now, not playoff contention but a somewhat better record. I agree with Panoo their problems are much deeper then the coaching staff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts