Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
Lowe, I think that's how you spell it? he coached Edmonton for a few years, then low and behold (no pun intended) he shows up in NY when his bum buddy gets the bigf job there, and well same $#!+ different team.......

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
hockeyman said:
i agree. he did stink.
What was so frustrating with him is that Sather kept giving him life, much like Jason on Friday the 13th, he kept coming back to haunt us hockey fans.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Earnhardt said:
hockeyman said:
i agree. he did stink.
What was so frustrating with him is that Sather kept giving him life, much like Jason on Friday the 13th, he kept coming back to haunt us hockey fans.
The guy who has even more lives is Rick Ley, Pat Quinn's towel boy. He took over coaching in Vancouver when Quinn knew that several players hated Ley from his Hartford days, and the Canucks went down the tubes.

Leaf fans should be thankful that Quinn didn't become GM and let Ley take over coaching. (Iced Tea shudders as if a cold breeze went up his shorts) I still have nightmares about Ley coaching the Canucks.

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
Good one Ice, I forgot all about the evil eyed nymph.........

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
hockeyman said:
lowe Vs. freddy .... who would win?
For once I would go for Freddy.......

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
It galls me to see good hockey minds such as Nolan's sitting there rotting while they insist on recycling the same old guys for coaching position.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I've been saying for years now (mostly on Sportsnet's fan forum), that Ted Nolan deserves another shot. Nolan worked wonders in Buffalo and I think he could do the same for nearly every team.

GMs and owners need to let Nolan out of the doghouse and back in the league. It's not like he assaulted someone while playing roller hockey, or took drugs or alcohol. If certain players are welcomed with open arms, why isn't Ted?

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
Iced Tea said:
I've been saying for years now (mostly on Sportsnet's fan forum), that Ted Nolan deserves another shot. Nolan worked wonders in Buffalo and I think he could do the same for nearly every team.

GMs and owners need to let Nolan out of the doghouse and back in the league. It's not like he assaulted someone while playing roller hockey, or took drugs or alcohol. If certain players are welcomed with open arms, why isn't Ted?
While fans alike think Nolan deserves another shot at coaching it aint going to happen any time soon as once you are black balled for what ever reason by the good boys club{gm's and owners} your pretty much done in the league which is the case with Nolan. Nolan also didn't help his own cause by publiclly saying that his firing could have been because of the fact he is part native Indian,playing the race card in this case has seemed to hurt his cause rather than helping it.Nolan isn't the first to be banished from the game and he certainly won't be the last.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Pat Quinn takes the lemon trophy

He was good in Vancouver, for awhile. Then the turmoil began, went from God to undertaker

Now in Toronto, seems to doing exactly what brought down the Canucks. Stocking the team with vets, and little future.

I think after the Olympics, and his heart, should have retired.

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
The difference between now and when he was in Vancouver Timmy is that he knows that his calling is behind the bench, don't forget that when he was in Vancouver he left the bench to act as GM and threw in his *gag* understudy, Mr Ley *gag*. Now there was a first class idiot coach. It amazes me that this guy is still kicking around as a coach in some manner, if not for the mighty Quinn he would not have a job in hockey period.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Well..

How about for a lot of teams..its not the coaches..but the players..

Like Montreal..always has under achievers these days..look at them

-Damphouse
-Recchi
-Audette
-Marius C.
-Koivu(but he had/has cancer)

Do these guys underachieve..because of the coach? All have done well on other teams, with good coaching..minus Koivu

21 - 36 of 36 Posts