Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well early on sunday morning the demolition of the historic winnipeg arena was completed.seeing photos and watching the demolition on CBC on sunday reminded me of that terrible summer of 1986 when we here in detroit lost our historic olympia stadium.the winnipeg arena sort of got the last laugh on sunday when the imploshion of the historic arena only brought down a portion of the it. the rest of the demolition yesterday had to be done the old fashion way.there was nothing wrong with the arena i guess they call it progress. i saw one detroit-winnipeg game there in march of 1987 a 1-1- tie. i loved that arena i also got to go on the ice after the game. i was there in winnipeg with other members of the detroit red wings fan club.you can checkout here in the Winnipeg Jets Forum in the teams of yester year section for threads on the winnipeg arena also there is a thread on the arena demolition.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Isn't it interesting how some of us can get so attached to a building? I'm a big Denver Broncos fan. When they finally tore down Mile High Stadium, I have to admit, I was a tad bit depressed for a few days. Invesco Field is quite nice, but it just isn't the same. It's almost like they are tearing away a part of your past.

:(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts