Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The winnipeg arena opened in 1955 and closed in 2005.it was home for the winnipeg jets during there WHA and NHL days.it had a capacity for hockey of 15,393.besides hockey the arena held other events including basketball, concerts,ice shows etc.after the jets left winnipeg for pheonix the manitoba moose used the arena. its was also renovated while the moose were tenants.it was also famous for the huge photo of the queen of england that hung in the rafters of the winnipeg arena.it was located next door to the winnipeg blue bombers football stadium.the winnipeg arena is being torn down this winter.on hockey day in canada this year the CBC news had a story about the arenas demolition. R.I.P. WINNIPEG ARENA 1955-2006.

410 Posts
I didn't really enjoy the Winnepeg Arena because the seats were uncomfortable and dusty. Also it was an old fashioned like building so overall I didn't enjoy it. I've been to it twice; once against the Canucks in the 93 playoffs and once against the Red Wings in 1993. I lived in Winnepeg for six months so that's why I visited a couple of games at the Winnepeg Arena.

·
Registered
1 Posts
masterofhockeyknowledge said:
I didn't really enjoy the Winnepeg Arena because the seats were uncomfortable and dusty. Also it was an old fashioned like building so overall I didn't enjoy it. I've been to it twice; once against the Canucks in the 93 playoffs and once against the Red Wings in 1993. I lived in Winnepeg for six months so that's why I visited a couple of games at the Winnepeg Arena.

Your a goof, it died today, R.I.P. WINNIPEG ARENA 1955-2006.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Winnipeg Arena

skibz69 said:
Your a goof, it died today, R.I.P. WINNIPEG ARENA 1955-2006.
Its a sad day that the winnipeg arena is now gone.i loved my one time that i saw a game there in 1987.R.I.P.WINNIPEG ARENA 1955-2006

1 - 18 of 18 Posts