Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is our game day thread. we will review and recap the hockey game. and if you want to give a shout out of encouragement to the wings. just put it here.

I think they will be stronger tonight if we do not have the same officials. that game was just cheap.. but never mind then. now we face San Jose, so good Luck wings!

TV: FSN Detroit, FSN Bay Area, NHL Network
RADIO: WXYT 1270, KFOX 98.5, NHL Radio
XM RADIO: 204
SIRIUS RADIO: 123

GAME NOTES:
- Osgood will start.
- Last Season: The Wings were 3-1 vs the Sharks in the regular season (the 1 loss coming right after the Olympic break.)
- (Active Streak) The Wings have not been shutout since January 7th. 2004 against Boston. They haven't been shutout on the road since December 28, 2003 against Chicago.

MILSTONES:
-Tomas Holmstrom Three points to 300
-Robert Lang Four goals to 200
-Nicklas Lidstrom 11 goals to 200
-Mikael Samuelsson One point to 100
-Mathieu Schneider Eight goals to 200
-Jason Williams Five points to 100
-Henrik Zetterberg Three assists to 100

DETROIT:
+Jiri Fischer (Heart Irregularities)

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Good job, Shanny14. :thumbsup:

Is Larry Murphy as one of the commentators? There's some guy on TV that looks very similar to him, an I must have missed when his name was on the screen.:eek:

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
3-0, and it's not even the end of the 1st period yet.

That's what a good powerpla ycan do for ya'. :eek:

Mihalek, and Carle both have 2 points so far....

Oh, and Ossie's been pulled.

Where's Hasek? Is he injured?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
Good job, Shanny14. :thumbsup:

Is Larry Murphy as one of the commentators? There's some guy on TV that looks very similar to him, an I must have missed when his name was on the screen.:eek:

thanks, i tried, i want this area to look better each time.:D

even though its not doing a thing for them. if you hear about a fan beating the tar outta the players that would be me:eek:

PS: Murph is a commentator!

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
LOL! :laugh:

And what's the word on Hasek... is he injured and I somehow missed the news? MacDonald being coming in to replace Osgood means that he's probably not even on the bench.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as i said OZZIE BLOWS. I DONT LIKE HIM ITS BLATENT HATRED!

the penalties were unreal. doms not hurt its just the night off.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Im not going into gloom and doomb over these past two games. i dont think there are any facts to face. Ill be with them till the season is finished. just like any other year.

Instead of setting their fate maybe you should cheer for them. it may brighten up some of this doomb and gloom. I dont like negative so im staying positive, you can do what you will.:thumbsup:

BUT i am staying positive all year long!:D

ha and as for the glory days, i knew that it would only last so long, but you know what, id ont care about that. I love these boys no matter how rotten of a season it may be, thats true dedication, thats a true hockey fanatic,and you know it may take a few years, but i can wait, im a patient hockey fan.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The Wings are really struggling this season I believe. Especially the past 2 games against Anaheim and San Jose. They are getting too many penalties. It was nice to see Jiri Hudler nudge in one last night though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's only October, they're still trying to adjust to new leadership (Lidstrom), the loss of siginifcant players (Yzerman and Shanahan), a bunch of new players and new line/special teams combinations. Once the kinks are ironed out they'll be just fine.

As for Hasek being injured, he's not. For away games I heard they will be alternating Hasek and Osgood each game, and so far when Osgood starts Mcdonald has been the back up.

P.S I did not see the game against San Jose , but listened on the internet and sounded like Mcdonald made some good saves and looked pretty good , which is some good news for the wings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts