Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think Sergei Samsonov will be worth the money they spent on him? I think he is a really good player but doesnt play to his potential, but hopefully he steps up for the habs

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Time will tell. He'll either be a bust, or he'll be great in Montreal. He plays hard out there, especially for his size.

I think Montreal got some good talent in him.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think his grit, determination...and lighting fast speed/moves will be a great fit with montreal.
Will help take a great deal of pressure off of Koivu and Kovalev to produce most of this teams offence.

So many line combinations, and I feel that adding someone as gritty and defensively aware as Samsonov, will give the coach that much more flexibility when juggling his lines.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
loutfiehabs said:
Do you think Sergei Samsonov will be worth the money they spent on him? I think he is a really good player but doesnt play to his potential, but hopefully he steps up for the habs
Welcome aboard loutfiehabs!!

I think he'll fit in just fine.

As far as the money, well, I think their all over paid!!! I really don't know how you can put a price tag on somebody??? I mean, to one person, I could be worth a penny, and to another, I could be worth millions,
I wouldn't even know how to figure that one out???

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ezekiel said:
I think his grit, determination...and lighting fast speed/moves will be a great fit with montreal.
Will help take a great deal of pressure off of Koivu and Kovalev to produce most of this teams offence.

So many line combinations, and I feel that adding someone as gritty and defensively aware as Samsonov, will give the coach that much more flexibility when juggling his lines.

hello...... he didnt produce at all in edmonton

the point is that he has speed and skating ability but he can also beat 3 on 1 but problem is he goes ahead and puck is left behind. he loses the puck everytime.... thats why he cant score......

and also he needs 10 chances to score like afineganov(SPELLED WRONG) from buffalo.. he also has skills but cant score......

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
oilers said:
hello...... he didnt produce at all in edmonton

the point is that he has speed and skating ability but he can also beat 3 on 1 but problem is he goes ahead and puck is left behind. he loses the puck everytime.... thats why he cant score......

and also he needs 10 chances to score like afineganov(SPELLED WRONG) from buffalo.. he also has skills but cant score......
LOL! Afinogenov. :laugh:

If he could bury just half of the chances he gets/creates, he'd be netting near 50 goals a year. :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wat up

I believe sergei samsonov is an elite player but has never been on a line with chemistry, however the line he played with in his early years in boston most have had some kind of chemistry are we all forgeting ROOKIE OF THE YEAR! although they do come and go. Kovalev must be very excited the only thing he asked for from bob was to give him permanent line mates he got em.

Sammy-Ribby-KOVALEV

GO HABS GO....:)

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
cody_habs said:
I believe sergei samsonov is an elite player but has never been on a line with chemistry, however the line he played with in his early years in boston most have had some kind of chemistry are we all forgeting ROOKIE OF THE YEAR! although they do come and go. Kovalev must be very excited the only thing he asked for from bob was to give him permanent line mates he got em.

Sammy-Ribby-KOVALEV

GO HABS GO....:)
aboard cody_habs!! :D

Time will certainly tell, if this line will have chemistry or not??

What looks good on paper, doesn't always work out on the ice!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
do u guys think he will be a top point getter predict how many points he will get

I think Sammy will end up a 60+point getter he is exacttly what kovalev needs
28 goals and 40 assits is what i predict the guy

Go habs go:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts