Hockey Fan Forums banner

Will Devils beat their season record from last season?

• Nah they lost a couple key guys, no way

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Ya they'll be better

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
not happening they will still be fine 44-47 wins. but they lost a lil too much and the atlantic sure did get stronger this off season.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NJDEVIL30274 said:
not happening they will still be fine 44-47 wins. but they lost a lil too much and the atlantic sure did get stronger this off season.
Ya I agree, when you lose someone like Gomez you're already weak offense gets weaker, wonder how they'll do in the scoring department.

·
Registered
737 Posts
farzamk said:
Ya I agree, when you lose someone like Gomez you're already weak offense gets weaker, wonder how they'll do in the scoring department.
I think its more the atlantic got stronger than the devils getting weaker though. We added someone who put up just as many points as Gomez and we also got some much needed size on the first line in zubrus...hopefully big V and Karl can atleast together match Rafalski's numbers...we are gonna miss him more than we will miss gomer...plus gomer is gonna blow his knee out anyway when Janssen up ends him sometime this yr ;)

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
With the changes they've been through this offseason, I don't think they'll match or surpass last year's record. They lost some offense (although it's not as big of a deal as some would have you believe IMO), and the defense is a bit shaky looking right now. We'll have to see what kind of changes Sutter makes, and how long it takes to implement them.

I don't see a nosedive in the standings this year, but I think 49 wins and 107 points is going to be a bit more difficult to achieve this time around. As others have said, the Atlantic is going to be more competitive this year, so their record may not be as good as it was last year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts