Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wes Walz believes he has more work to do, and he wants to do it in Minnesota.

"I wasn't happy with the way I finished the season, or even the first round of the playoffs," the veteran center said. "I felt I could have played a lot better, that I could have given more to the team."

Walz, 37, will have that chance after signing a one-year deal worth a potential $1.4 million Tuesday, keeping him in Minnesota for an eighth season. Walz and Marian Gaborik are the only players left from the Wild's inaugural season of 2000-01.

"I feel like I can make a huge difference when I play my top game," he said. "I didn't want to end on that note, so I'm excited and really looking forward to the season."

Walz, an unrestricted free agent after scoring 24 points last season, is one of two centers the Wild signed Tuesday. Eric Belanger signed a three-year deal worth $5.25 million. The Wild also signed minor league goalie Nolan Schaefer to a two-year, two-way deal.

"I think we have one more (move) we're looking at, and we'll see how it plays out," general manager Doug Risebrough said, "but for the most part we're pretty much done."

Read More

1 - 1 of 1 Posts