Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my buddys were talkin the other day and wonderin just why detroit always is good, and always will be. I came to the conclusion that they have such a good system of leaders, that no matter who they bring into the program, gets taught the ins and outs of the game from those that know it best.
Any other ideas or teams that you feel are the same way?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Vermont26 said:
me and my buddys were talkin the other day and wonderin just why detroit always is good, and always will be. I came to the conclusion that they have such a good system of leaders, that no matter who they bring into the program, gets taught the ins and outs of the game from those that know it best.
Any other ideas or teams that you feel are the same way?
Lately this has only been the case in the season :laugh:
The team I'd use an example for this is New Jearsey, they've been a succesfull team since the mid 90's because of there tight defenceive style.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah definetly jersey as well, i feel they have a lot more younger players leading the rookies, at least compared to detroit:) , who is older than pretty much any team ever. parise is pretty much learning the game from gomez and ellias, so im guessin with his skill level already, along with this, he'll be quite the offensive threat in teh near future.

Being from minnesota i dont get to see much of this. its the most boring hockey in the world, one we finally build up a new star, we trade em off:
brunett.....colorado(first line with joe)
roloson......edmonton(amazing play this playoffs)
i wont even be surprised if we trade gabby and p.m.bouchard next year, if they do, im givin up on them wild

·
494 Posts
Detroit is good, but not that good. Sure season results are important, but if you cant make it past the first round, who cares.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
buffalo is the team of the future, with all their uprisin stars, they have a bright future if they dont trade everyone away like the wild

·
Registered
91 Posts
Their leadership does play a big role in having players believing they can win from the get-go.
You can never underestimate the power of a veteran presence on a team.
However, I feel Detroit is as good as it is, because they have a top notch scouting team. In the new nhl, you'll notice that the teams with the best scouts, will be the better teams regardless of how many highly paid players that they lose.

Which is why you often see Anaheim do so good in the playoffs...Or ottawa do so well in the regular season and so on.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
sorry we got dealt an easy hand, ya'll make it sound like its some bonus or something.. really its not.. it cuts the teams throat each time!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts