Hockey Fan Forums banner

Why does everyone think the Avs won't make the Post-Season?

3K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Jleopold4 
#1 ·
I've been reading a lot of threads lately, and many have been saying They won't make the post-season. I don't see why not. I mean, sure they lost Tanguay, but anytime you take a player like him out of the line up you are going to do worse. And He's really been the only loss. And I personally don't think he was the reason they got in to the Playoffs. Our goaltending does not seem great, but if Theo can regain is form, I don't see how they won't make it.
Just tell me what you think. I would really like to know why.

#30 ·
i for sure dont doubt we will make the playoffs.. im glad to see guys like statsny, wolski, svatos, clark, and richards are able to get the ice time and proove themselves as professional hockey players.. i think part of it is people are afraid of change.. they get comfortable with how successfull we were with the players we had.. thinking if we loose those particular players we will loose the ability to stay competitive

#32 ·
Well, first win of the season, and a great one at that. Theodore does awesome, he's two for two for great games. And Svatos scores two goals including what else, the game winner.
You serious??? Yeah, Svats gets two goals, that's a classic already. :haha: If only the games were televised here. :frown:

Once again, thus proves my jersey was good luck, I was having thanksgiving dinner last night, but I kept on my jersey. Look at what happens when I keep it on for the whole game. :git: :haha:

#33 ·
You serious??? Yeah, Svats gets two goals, that's a classic already. :haha: If only the games were televised here. :frown:

Once again, thius proves my jersey was good luck, I was having thanksgiving dinner last night, but I kept on my jersey. Look at what happens when I keep it on for the whole game. :git: :haha:
Haha, good job CRF. See everyone? He's a team player!

#35 ·
80% Players?

we lost pronger and spacek. and thats 80%

yes samsonov and peca are gone too. but sykora and reasoner are there. and in offense we are the strongest team in division. in papers... and we are showing it too
I'm sorry I don't think I made it that clear, carefully read my post, it says:
80% of your good players
That would be Pronger, Peca, Samsonov, and Spacek. That leaves Horcoff, who's getting payed way more than he should be making. Read the posts before you quote them.

#36 ·
people think the avs wont make the playoffs, just because of tanguay and blake. this is crap because look at their stats. tanguay wwas decreasing, and he was injured a lot. Blake was vital to our team but he is getting old. I think with the additon of jordan leopold on defense blake wont be needed. leopold will become a great player with colorado. Also if hejduk, svatos, and wolski stay healthy, Their offense could be as explosive as ever. Also with Theodore, if he can regain form, and budaj to back him up, we can still make the playoffs, 5th or 6th seed. after that, who knows.:git:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.