Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Never underestimate the avs they may look sad but theyre known to come out with surprises, i believe they can make the post season.
Go-oil makes a good point. The Avs do seem to come out surprises.

I think they will make the playoffs. The Avs are not any better than Detroit, and there not any worse than the Preds or Nucks. I think the West is really spread out evenly with talent now than before. Where Avs and Detroit have questionable goalies compaired to Nucks, Preds and Flames, Avs and Wings have some better talent on the front lines.

Yes, i will always compair Detroit and Colorado in the same sentence. These teams rose together, and will probably fall together.

My thoughts on the Avs, questionable goaltending, ok blueline, talented forwards. The Avs are going to have score goals to win games. Lots of goals.....hedjuk needs to bounce back, depth players will contribute, Svatos and Wojisk (sp?) need to show the talent that ppl believe they have.

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
Goaltending or a lack there of will be the biggest reason the Av's miss the playoffs. Not to mention their lack of depth will show through out the long season ahead.:hhelp:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Go-oil makes a good point. The Avs do seem to come out surprises.

I think they will make the playoffs. The Avs are not any better than Detroit, and there not any worse than the Preds or Nucks. I think the West is really spread out evenly with talent now than before. Where Avs and Detroit have questionable goalies compaired to Nucks, Preds and Flames, Avs and Wings have some better talent on the front lines.

Yes, i will always compair Detroit and Colorado in the same sentence. These teams rose together, and will probably fall together.

My thoughts on the Avs, questionable goaltending, ok blueline, talented forwards. The Avs are going to have score goals to win games. Lots of goals.....hedjuk needs to bounce back, depth players will contribute, Svatos and Wojisk (sp?) need to show the talent that ppl believe they have.
I'd say the Preds have questionable goaltending. Refer to that 7-6 loss they suffered last night.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'd say the Preds have questionable goaltending. Refer to that 7-6 loss they suffered last night.
Thats one game. Whats the main reason the Preds made it onto the playoff's? Vokoun. What the reason they lost in the first round? Not having Vokoun.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Lol, I'm just mad at Vokoun for doing that cuz he's killing my fantasy team at the moment.
Here here Adam.

Plus the score of the game was 8-6 I believe, nothing any better.

But talking about the Av's, if we want to make the playoffs, we should start winning some games instead of giving up leads and then losing in overtime. We can't keep going on losing in OT all season, 41 points is not nearly enough.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Well, first win of the season, and a great one at that. Theodore does awesome, he's two for two for great games. And Svatos scores two goals including what else, the game winner.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Stop worrying and start cheering avs fans your in good hands! you will make the playoffs theodore will play great for you this is the change he needed and you also have quenville.

·
Registered
703 Posts
i for sure dont doubt we will make the playoffs.. im glad to see guys like statsny, wolski, svatos, clark, and richards are able to get the ice time and proove themselves as professional hockey players.. i think part of it is people are afraid of change.. they get comfortable with how successfull we were with the players we had.. thinking if we loose those particular players we will loose the ability to stay competitive

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Well, first win of the season, and a great one at that. Theodore does awesome, he's two for two for great games. And Svatos scores two goals including what else, the game winner.
You serious??? Yeah, Svats gets two goals, that's a classic already. :haha: If only the games were televised here. :frown:

Once again, thus proves my jersey was good luck, I was having thanksgiving dinner last night, but I kept on my jersey. Look at what happens when I keep it on for the whole game. :git: :haha:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
You serious??? Yeah, Svats gets two goals, that's a classic already. :haha: If only the games were televised here. :frown:

Once again, thius proves my jersey was good luck, I was having thanksgiving dinner last night, but I kept on my jersey. Look at what happens when I keep it on for the whole game. :git: :haha:
Haha, good job CRF. See everyone? He's a team player!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
80% Players?

we lost pronger and spacek. and thats 80%

yes samsonov and peca are gone too. but sykora and reasoner are there. and in offense we are the strongest team in division. in papers... and we are showing it too
I'm sorry I don't think I made it that clear, carefully read my post, it says:
80% of your good players
That would be Pronger, Peca, Samsonov, and Spacek. That leaves Horcoff, who's getting payed way more than he should be making. Read the posts before you quote them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
people think the avs wont make the playoffs, just because of tanguay and blake. this is crap because look at their stats. tanguay wwas decreasing, and he was injured a lot. Blake was vital to our team but he is getting old. I think with the additon of jordan leopold on defense blake wont be needed. leopold will become a great player with colorado. Also if hejduk, svatos, and wolski stay healthy, Their offense could be as explosive as ever. Also with Theodore, if he can regain form, and budaj to back him up, we can still make the playoffs, 5th or 6th seed. after that, who knows.:git:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts