Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading a lot of threads lately, and many have been saying They won't make the post-season. I don't see why not. I mean, sure they lost Tanguay, but anytime you take a player like him out of the line up you are going to do worse. And He's really been the only loss. And I personally don't think he was the reason they got in to the Playoffs. Our goaltending does not seem great, but if Theo can regain is form, I don't see how they won't make it.
Just tell me what you think. I would really like to know why.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Haha, the day we lose to the Canucks eight times is the day I throw in my hat and give up on the Avs.

But seriously, let's not joke guys. It's because they haven't yet accepted the fact that the Avs will get 164 points in the season, and Wojtek Wolski will have the best rookie season ever with 206 points, that Marek Svatos will win the Hart with 306 points, and Jose Theodore will record 76 shutouts (Budaj will record 6, I mean honestly, we have to give the god Theodore some rest, right?).

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Haha, the day we lose to the Canucks eight times is the day I throw in my hat and give up on the Avs.

But seriously, let's not joke guys. It's because they haven't yet accepted the fact that the Avs will get 164 points in the season, and Wojtek Wolski will have the best rookie season ever with 206 points, that Marek Svatos will win the Hart with 306 points, and Jose Theodore will record 76 shutouts (Budaj will record 6, I mean honestly, we have to give the god Theodore some rest, right?).
Your sig is ironic then.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Your sig is ironic then.
Oh honestly prucha, you know I was being a sarcastic @$$, and we all know that the day the Canucks have a season sweep of the Avs shall never come, especially with the four games that are played at the Pepsi Center (although I admit it will be a little tougher to win at home without Bertuzzi being there :rolleyes: ).

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
The day the avs lose 8 times to the canucks is the day 46 players will be tuckered out by the end of.:haha:

On a more serious note, the avs got some bad press this summer with major losses and many fans arent looking at what the avs kept and added. There's no doubt it will be harder for the avs, but in no way is it impossible for them to make the playoffs.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I dont by any means think that the Flyers, Avs, or Devils (three elite teams that many have said wont make the playoffs) will miss the postseason. None of these teams have gotten much worse. Colorado still has a solid team, as always. NJ didnt lose anyone important. The Flyers actually got better,whether you care to realize it or not. Now please, people, dont be hating on the shoe in playoff teams.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, The Avs have not really changed.... And The day The Canucks beat the Avs eight times in a row There will be no hockey then, and the earth will have implolded.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
because they will lose to the canucks 8 times.
The day the Nucks beat the Avs 8 times is the day the Blues sweep the Nucks..........
........wait

I'd say the Avs have a decent year since they're used to playing in the NW last year where it was a lot harder than this year; Vancouver lost their size and grit, the Oilers lost............... 80% of their good players :)haha: ). I'd say they aren't in bad shape this year for makeing the Playoffs this year.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Yes, you can't admit the Av's wont have tough competition this year, and yes they are in a tough division. But there is no reason why the Av's should miss the playoffs. Yes, once again, we lost two big name players, But if Wolski can fill in Tanguay's spot, or at least make a dent in it, and Lile's can step up and show he's a number one defender, than Leopold take Lile's former spot, The Av's will pretty much be the same team they were last year.

·
Registered
389 Posts
There's a lot of "ifs" surrounding Colorado, and that's why so many people have them on the outside looking in. They need a rookie to replace Tanguay. They need Leopold and Liles to replace Blake. They need Sakic to continue to perform at the age of 37. They need Svatos to stay healthy for an entire season, and repeat last years performance. They also need Theodore to not only stay healthy, but regain his pre-lockout form.

On top of all that, there's the conference they play in. They're still going to have to compete with playoff shoo-ins Anaheim, Nashville, Calgary, Detroit and San Jose not to mention the other strong competition in Edmonton, Minnesota, Dallas, Vancouver and Columbus.

They also have to win games in arguably the toughest division in the NHL, playing 8 games against 4 potential playoff teams.

Lets be honest, it's a far safer bet that they won't make the playoffs.

-Will

·
Registered
703 Posts

Oh honestly prucha, you know I was being a sarcastic @$$, and we all know that the day the Canucks have a season sweep of the Avs shall never come, especially with the four games that are played at the Pepsi Center (although I admit it will be a little tougher to win at home without Bertuzzi being there :rolleyes: ).
The difference between you and bobby burns is atleast you realize reality..

The avs are gonna make the play offs.. after that... im not sure how they will fare..

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Honestly, Blake and Tanguay weren't are only players. It's funny, last year, people talked about Colorado not making the playoffs because they lost "All Their Talent" :rolleyes: But we sure showed them up. Now we lose two players, and once again, "We Aren't Gonna Make The Playoffs".

But what's most ironic, is that the only defence people have about "All The Talent We've Lost", is too bring up the names of guys we've lost two years ago, and the guys we lost last year. :haha:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Never underestimate the avs they may look sad but theyre known to come out with surprises, i believe they can make the post season.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Whenever I hear sarcasm regarding the Canucks, I remember when Gagne22 said he would be a Canucks fan for life if some criteria was met. Low and behold, he's supposed to be a Canucks fan for life. :haha:
Well, we'll just see on I believe...Saturday? When my team beats yours.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Whenever I hear sarcasm regarding the Canucks, I remember when Gagne22 said he would be a Canucks fan for life if some criteria was met. Low and behold, he's supposed to be a Canucks fan for life. :haha:
Well, we'll just see on I believe...Saturday? When my team beats yours.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The day the Nucks beat the Avs 8 times is the day the Blues sweep the Nucks..........
........wait

I'd say the Avs have a decent year since they're used to playing in the NW last year where it was a lot harder than this year; Vancouver lost their size and grit, the Oilers lost............... 80% of their good players :)haha: ). I'd say they aren't in bad shape this year for makeing the Playoffs this year.
80% Players?

we lost pronger and spacek. and thats 80%

yes samsonov and peca are gone too. but sykora and reasoner are there. and in offense we are the strongest team in division. in papers... and we are showing it too

1 - 20 of 36 Posts