Hockey Fan Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
biron_81 said:
What are you talking about!!!?:eek: 4 Cups 3 Conn Smyths all those vezina's. Roy's best years were in Montreal. Don't you remember the size he was back then. I agree in his last years in Colorado he was pretty big. But even then you can't say that about Roy. You can say that about a guy like Lalime or of Giguere and even more Garth Snow , but not Roy!
How do you think he won those?

It was so obvious!!

How can you really say his equipment wasn't to big? :D

Also, if I'm not mistaken, he even admits it NOW!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
panoo2004 said:
How do you think he won those?

It was so obvious!!

How can you really say his equipment wasn't to big? :D

Also, if I'm not mistaken, he even admits it NOW!!
He says smaller equipment will increase scoring.

I'm a goalie and a couple of years ago I changed my equipment. I am a little bigger than I was before and it does give me a little edge, but it doesn't make me that much better. Than why isn't Patrick Lalime, JS Giguere and Garth Snow as good as Roy. I suppose you think Hasek was that good just because of his equipment? Besides there all big now, even with the implemented size reduction.

·
Registered
1 Posts
PatricK Roy best goalie ever. As far as the equipment go back to the begining of his carreer, he has small brown pads and lite it up. I agree his equipment got bigger during the years of the avs. Its all about when he wore the C. Go Habs Go

·
Registered
24 Posts
come on

all you habs fans know that only one goalie was by far superior than the rest...Jose Theodore!!!!

Now to be serious..Roy was the goalie I'd want if my life depended on it. Nerves of steel.....

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I think it's Martin Brodeur. He's done enough to prove it already for me, but if/when he does end up passing Patrick Roy on the all-time goaltender wins list (which it seems he'll do in 3-4 years), and it's all his.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.