Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
umm well past would have to be sawchuck / roy.. hate to admit the roy part but eh..

id have to say my favorite was mike vernon in his detroit season in '97 but thats just me. :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Greatest goalie? There are just too many to pick from, hard to say specifically who the "greatest" is. Break it down by eras. Heres a few great ones (of many!):

Glenn Hall
Tony Esposito
Bernie Parent
Ken Dryden
Johnny Bower
Terry Sawchuck
Billy Smith
George Vezina (even named a trophy after him!)
Patrick Roy
Marty Brodeur

and on and on..............

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
I guess I would have to go with Ken Dryden. It's hard to pick.

The only reason Roy was good, had nothing to do with ability, it was all about the size of his equipment, I mean everything was over sized!!! Why do you think he retired? He knew they were coming in with smaller everything.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Ken Dryden

panoo2004 said:

The only reason Roy was good, had nothing to do with ability, it was all about the size of his equipment, I mean everything was over sized!!! Why do you think he retired? He knew they were coming in with smaller everything.
Good choice. dryden was great to watch.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
panoo2004 said:

I agree,That was true about Roy

·
Registered
47 Posts
panoo2004 said:

What are you talking about!!!?:eek: 4 Cups 3 Conn Smyths all those vezina's. Roy's best years were in Montreal. Don't you remember the size he was back then. I agree in his last years in Colorado he was pretty big. But even then you can't say that about Roy. You can say that about a guy like Lalime or of Giguere and even more Garth Snow , but not Roy!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts