Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I am!

Fully fit team, some awesome acquisitions, I can't wait!

Smith is stellar in goals, so let's hope he can get back to his best. Vinny, Marty, Malone, Tanguay and co can and should put up big numbers.

Our only worry is defense but having said that we acquired Ohlund, drafted Hedman, and other players like Krajicek will be better for the experience last season.

I really like Mike Lundin too, I feel he was a bit stiff last season to not get many games, same as Smaby.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The bolts sure look like a new team this year. They're doing a great job of putting last years bad season and drama behind them.

·
Registered
338 Posts
After dominating them, setting a record on them, and leaving a really hot stick on their home ice last year I am not looking forward to playing them this year. I don't think that their D improved enough to compete for the top spot in the conference but they could be good enough to get a low seed in the playoffs. I think it all depends on how Smith can bounce back from his concussion and if he can be consistent for a whole season. If he is a stud like he shows at times this team could surprise. Vinny, St. Louis, and Stamkos are all game changers, and Tanguay adds some skill as well, and Malone could be dangerous if he plants himself in the crease and continues to play tough around the boards. Has the season started yet?!!! Can't we just fast-forward through September. Where is Christopher Walken and his magic remote control when you really need it.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'm looking forward to this season. After a couple horrendous seasons, I know that this will be the year we get into the playoffs. We probably won't get that far once we make it there, but I'll be glad to uee us there.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm looking forward to this season. After a couple horrendous seasons, I know that this will be the year we get into the playoffs. We probably won't get that far once we make it there, but I'll be glad to uee us there.
I would love for us not to be the SouthLeast division anymore. I'm pulling for you guys to make the playoffs. I don't see Florida doing it, eventhough they were so close last year I think they got worse not better. And Atlanta to me is a few years and some great offseasons, not to mention resigning Kovy, away from the playoffs. So it might as well be the Caps, Canes, and Bolts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts