Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
It doesn't appear that much of the country music capital of the world cares about hockey. Kind of wished they would have moved the team to somewhere else.

I guess the NHL hopes by handing them the 8th playoff spot, it should generate interest in the team.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a tough market. Especially if at the corporate level you don't reach out to the music industry that moves the town. Most of the bars have blank Preds jerseys up in them, and you can find Preds games on the TV but it's not pushed enough.

They should have gotten signed jerseys into the bars, got the corporate guys to buy blocks of seats. There are a ton of visitors to the city every day that aren't being reached at all.

And to top it off it really is a football market in a football area.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I thought that the Preds would come in #9 or #10 in the conference. Vancouver must have fallen apart in recent weeks. I have also been surprised at the lack of postings. Maybe that will change in the playoffs against the Sharks (again?) or the Deadthings.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The Preds rose up like the Undertaker (he is from Tennessee) and snatched a victory from the Deadthings!!! Time to retire Dom!!! Send Peverly back for Wednesday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts