Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...If you could have one player(From any hockey era), play one season again in the nhl....who would it be, and what team would you want to see them playing on?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd personally want to see Theoren Fleury play once again in the nhl, and to have the chance to finish his career with the Calgary Flames.

As for another, i'd love to see Pelle Lindbergh(sp?) play another season as well. Either for the habs, or Ottawa senators(Yeah, i'm biased).

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
BURE!

Pavel Bure, that is.

Mike Richter's career ended a little too early as well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd *definetly* want to see Pavel Bure playing in his prime again!

Same goes with Ron Hextall(The nhl really could use a goaltender with that much fire/personality in them again).

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Ezekiel said:
I'd *definetly* want to see Pavel Bure playing in his prime again!

Same goes with Ron Hextall(The nhl really could use a goaltender with that much fire/personality in them again).
Well, you might get your wish with Bure, there are strong rumors that he's coming back!!

I would love to see Wendel Clark back!!!

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
For all time my pick would be Joe Malone from the first days of the NHL (and last days of the NHA).

For more recent to have one more season in their prime I would pick one of the knee injured guys Cam Neely or Mike Bossy.

From the 60's it would be Maurice Richard.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
panoo2004 said:
Well, you might get your wish with Bure, there are strong rumors that he's coming back!!
That would be awesome!
Plus, with the reduced clutch and grabbing, I think he could survive in the new nhl. Plus, the no red line rule was basically *made* for him.
I'd be as excited about this, as if I were to see Theo Fleury making a comeback.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm shocked nobody mentioned Patrick Roy yet.
That guy by far, had one of the best personalities when it came to goaltenders in the nhl.
The nhl needs more cocky/weird netminders.
I want to see a cocky goaltender who talks to his pads or something.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i'd love to see Doug Gilmour play a season with the leafs again, kinda was sad when he was bk in T.O. but then got injured and didnt play..so i'd love to see him do one more!

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Ezekiel said:
I'm shocked nobody mentioned Patrick Roy yet.
That guy by far, had one of the best personalities when it came to goaltenders in the nhl.
The nhl needs more cocky/weird netminders.
I want to see a cocky goaltender who talks to his pads or something.
It's quit obvious nobody wants him back!! :laugh: I know I don't!!!!:thumbsdow

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Boo-urns to you two! :p

I agree, though. Patrick Roy is hit or miss.
You either love the guy to death, or want to see him play in traffic blindfolded. There's no in between. You either love or hate him.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
hockey_gurl_13 said:
i'd love to see Doug Gilmour play a season with the leafs again, kinda was sad when he was bk in T.O. but then got injured and didnt play..so i'd love to see him do one more!
Here's a video of Doug Gilmour's tribute at the ACC: Doug Gilmour Tribute at the ACC (08:34)

And here's a video of the last time the Leafs won the cup: Leafs win the cup! (05:21)

Hope you enjoy them!! :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
panoo2004 said:
Here's a video of Doug Gilmour's tribute at the ACC: Doug Gilmour Tribute at the ACC (08:34)

And here's a video of the last time the Leafs won the cup: Leafs win the cup! (05:21)

Hope you enjoy them!! :)
thx a bunch, those vids dnt work on my comp, but i saved them so when i go to my friends house i'll see them! LOL, and speaking of the leafs winning the cup.. i saw the game on the TV 3 days ago! haha i taped it too *blushes* lmao...someday man..someday! lol hehe

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
hockey_gurl_13 said:
i agree with you..lmao! hes great..but that kinda attitude pisses me off lmao :p
I never liked him either.

And what was that thing he did with his neck? :dunno:

Ron MacLean called it "twitch syndrome". :p

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
hockey_gurl_13 said:
i saw the game on the TV 3 days ago! haha i taped it too *blushes* lmao...someday man..someday! lol hehe
I saw it to lol, I kinda loved it, I love the old vintage games since I wasn't born yet to see them.
But to get back on topic I would pick Bobby Orr(Need I say more?:D), Phil Esposito and Dan Snyder(RIP).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts