Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like they have a number of signings to do and will be over the cap.

I've heard Sharp may be on the block or possibly Versteeg and Campbell (over 7 mill!!!).

Any of you Hawks fan's have some insight on this?

·
Registered
765 Posts
If we're lucky, we can unload Campbell for contracts that will expire by next offseason. The Hawks need to free up room to resign Toews and Kane.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If we're lucky, we can unload Campbell for contracts that will expire by next offseason. The Hawks need to free up room to resign Toews and Kane.
It'd be ideal to keep him I'm sure, but Toews and Kane need to stay.

I'm just hoping the Leafs can make a deal with Chicago

To Chicago
Kaberle
1st rd pick, 2nd rd pick
Hagman

To Leafs:
Campbell
Sharp

They'd be clearing 10-11 million in space, taking on 4-5 and getting picks.

Not a bad deal?????:thumbsup:

·
Registered
765 Posts
It'd be ideal to keep him I'm sure, but Toews and Kane need to stay.

I'm just hoping the Leafs can make a deal with Chicago

To Chicago
Kaberle
1st rd pick, 2nd rd pick
Hagman

To Leafs:
Campbell
Sharp

They'd be clearing 10-11 million in space, taking on 4-5 and getting picks.

Not a bad deal?????:thumbsup:
Not a bad deal at all. I'd be interested in knowing when Kaberle and Hagmans contracts run out, but it would be a nice salary dump and get a couple good picks in the process.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a bad deal at all. I'd be interested in knowing when Kaberle and Hagmans contracts run out, but it would be a nice salary dump and get a couple good picks in the process.
Campbell and Kaberle are pretty much equal in my opinion. Kaberle has 2 more years around 4 mill I believe, which is a very good deal for him.

Hagman is very cheap and has a small contract.

We don't need Campbell, but if it get's us Sharp, it might be a good deal...........

Anyhow Chicago has lots of trading power, I'm curious to see what they will do, I just hope the leafs can get some of their talent!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Campbell and Kaberle are pretty much equal in my opinion. Kaberle has 2 more years around 4 mill I believe, which is a very good deal for him.

Hagman is very cheap and has a small contract.

We don't need Campbell, but if it get's us Sharp, it might be a good deal...........

Anyhow Chicago has lots of trading power, I'm curious to see what they will do, I just hope the leafs can get some of their talent!
I think Chicago will be trying to package some of their sought after guys like Sharp or even Versteeg in with Campbell so they can jettison his contract.

Will be interesting to see what happens next.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You've been pimping this trade in the Leafs forum too but it looks no better there.

You say Campbell and Kaberle are pretty much equal except Kaberle is cheaper. Why should the Leafs take his price tag for Kaberle?

Then Hagman, who appears to be becoming a highly useful winger and 2 high picks for Sharp? I'm not entirely sure what you think Campbell and Sharp bring that makes them worth premium picks on top of players who produce roughly similar numbers for less money?

Hagman also appears to be moving up. From messing around with 20 points a year in Florida to producing 40 points by the time he left Dallas which he continued last year despite the Leafs being a weaker side. If he does 40 points from here on in he'll be alright for the few million he costs.

This trade looks great from every angle for the hawks and poor from every angle for the Leafs. You need to even it up a bit more.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I think Sharp is going to Toronto correct?

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
http://thefourthperiod.com/news/chi090719.html

A source close to the Blackhawks told TFP every player's preference is to stay in Chicago "and the team has other ways it can get under the cap."

The Blackhawks can ice an opening day roster without being over the cap, providing the likes of Jack Skille and Colin Fraser, among others, are starting in the AHL. If additional space is required, the source suggested veteran defenseman Brent Sopel ($2.333 million cap hit) can be placed on waivers and sent down to clear room.

"Some people may be getting confused," the source said. "Next season isn't the concern for the Hawks; it's the 2010-11 season that they need to worry about."

Stars Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane and Duncan Keith have one-year remaining on their respective contracts, and the Blackhawks will need to move at least one main body to fit them all.

"...But that too isn't really something [Hawks management] is losing sleep over. They'll get it done."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts