Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really mean this, but looking at Scott Clemmensen play tonight against the Habs, and the way he's been playing since the injury, the Devils don't miss Marty as much as I (and most) expected. Good for him!

:bt

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Clemmensen is playing well, but any Devils fan will tell you that the rebounds he gives up sometimes are frightening. But, then again, only one team gets Martin Brodeur.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Clemmensen is playing well, but any Devils fan will tell you that the rebounds he gives up sometimes are frightening. But, then again, only one team gets Martin Brodeur.
Yeah, after watching probably the best in the game at controlling rebounds for years it's hard to watch some of the juicy rebounds Clemmensen and Weekes both give up. Thankfully the Devils defensemen and forwards are good at being there to cover up for them.

A lot of this recent success has to do with the Devils finally having more than one scoring line and not relying so much on matching the checking line with the other teams best offensive players. And it really should only get better. If Rolston gets going and Madden returns to the form he had last year, the Devils are going to be a dangerous team to play against, especially when Marty comes back.

Oh, and did I mention that Zach Parise is a hockey god?;)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yeah, after watching probably the best in the game at controlling rebounds for years it's hard to watch some of the juicy rebounds Clemmensen and Weekes both give up. Thankfully the Devils defensemen and forwards are good at being there to cover up for them.

A lot of this recent success has to do with the Devils finally having more than one scoring line and not relying so much on matching the checking line with the other teams best offensive players. And it really should only get better. If Rolston gets going and Madden returns to the form he had last year, the Devils are going to be a dangerous team to play against, especially when Marty comes back.

Oh, and did I mention that Zach Parise is a hockey god?;)
You also forgot to mention that Patrik Elias is turning into one as well.
Clemmensen has played surprisingly well, considered hes never played this many games in the NHL before, and certainly this many in a row. He wasnt doint too poorly in the AHL, but his numbers are very surprising given what they were down in Lowell. Still, I cant wait until Brodeur gets back.

And is someone still a little sore, Amo?

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
You also forgot to mention that Patrik Elias is turning into one as well.
Clemmensen has played surprisingly well, considered hes never played this many games in the NHL before, and certainly this many in a row. He wasnt doint too poorly in the AHL, but his numbers are very surprising given what they were down in Lowell. Still, I cant wait until Brodeur gets back.

And is someone still a little sore, Amo?
Yeah, Elias has always been a pretty clutch scorer. It's just a bit more obvious lately than usual. Having both him and Parise going makes their offense that much more dangerous.

And Clemmensen has surprised me as well. I always thought he was decent in his stints as Marty's backup but I didn't think he'd play as consistently well as he has this year. I figured Weekes was going to be the one to carry most of the load in Marty's absence but Clemmensen has looked a lot more comfortable so far.

Maybe we should be thanking the Leafs for letting him play 40 games for their AHL affiliate last year and then letting him go after the season.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
the whole Parise line is just had an amazing season. Our young talent has really shown up this season, Zajac, Parise, Oduya, and even David Clarkson are starting to fulfill their potential.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts