Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Joined
·
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I liked Wilf Paiement and Simon Nolet but my favourite Scout/Rocky player of all time has oughta be Guy Charron. He led the Scouts in points for two years straight and was a great leader. The scouts only lasted two years though.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
961 Posts
Steve Durbano

Steve Durbano is another player who played for both the kansas city scouts and colorado rockies.he is best know as being one of the top fighters in both the NHL and WHA.besides being a policeman he could also put the puck in the net.he played for besides the scouts and rockies.the st louis blues, pittsburgh penguins and the birmingham bulls of the WHA.Durbano was also with the detroit red wings in the 1977-78 season but never played a regular season game for the wings.he was dealt to the birmingham bulls of the WHA for Vaclov Nedomansky.Nedomansky had a couple of great seasons in detroit and was a big reason that detroit has such a great 1977-78 season.
 

Attachments

Joined
·
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
Steve Durbano is another player who played for both the kansas city scouts and colorado rockies.he is best know as being one of the top fighters in both the NHL and WHA.besides being a policeman he could also put the puck in the net.he played for besides the scouts and rockies.the st louis blues, pittsburgh penguins and the birmingham bulls of the WHA.Durbano was also with the detroit red wings in the 1977-78 season but never played a regular season game for the wings.he was dealt to the birmingham bulls of the WHA for Vaclov Nedomansky.Nedomansky had a couple of great seasons in detroit and was a big reason that detroit has such a great 1977-78 season.
Durbano wasn't a policeman. He was a crook. I remember when I was 20 he got sent to jail for selling drugs.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
961 Posts
Durbano

masterofhockeyknowledge said:
Durbano wasn't a policeman. He was a crook. I remember when I was 20 he got sent to jail for selling drugs.
Back in the old days in the NHL the fighters were known as policeman.steve durbano along with the likes of dave the hammer schultz were refered to as policeman in there playing days.steve durbanos life after hockey was not refered to in this thread only his playing days as one of the NHLs best fighters(POLICEMAN)
 
Joined
·
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
Back in the old days in the NHL the fighters were known as policeman.steve durbano along with the likes of dave the hammer schultz were refered to as policeman in there playing days.steve durbanos life after hockey was not refered to in this thread only his playing days as one of the NHLs best fighters(POLICEMAN)
OH. Lol. I thought you meant he was a real life policeman. He was a great fighter in the NHL. I remember he tried to fight a guy after the game or when he was thrown out. That was crazy. Was he the guy who fought in the audience? I can't remember who fought in the audience but Slapshot made fun of it. Was it a broad street bully or Durbano?

Durbano was a drug dealer after his days in the NHL but I remember he was a tough fighter. Same with Curt Fraser of the Canucks. Curt Fraser was a black belt I remember sent on the ice to knock out Willie Plett. He certainly did :thumbsup:.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
961 Posts
Randy Rota

Here is a photo of the scouts left winger randy rota.he was with the scouts for both of there years in kansas city. besides playing for the scouts he also played with the montreal canadians and la kings.he also played for the edmonton oilers of the WHA.This photo of randy rota was taken at the historic olympia stadium in detroit.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
Here is another original kansas city scout wilf paiement.he was the only scout to ever score a hat trick in a game. he followed the team to colorado when they moved there for the 1976-77 season.he also played for colorado,toronto and quebec.
Also known for breaking Red Wing Dennis Polonich's nose. For many, many games after that incident, Wilf was always a "healthy scratch" when the 2 teams played each other.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I still get a kick out the Scouts' color scheme--that was one heck of an ornate, colorful jersey they wore. Distinctive. You can still find customizable replicas on line...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Wilf Paiement, Doug Favell, Lanny McDonald

I guess my favorite player on those unfortunate Scouts
and Rockies teams was Wilf Paiement. Second, Doug Favell.
Third, Lanny McDonald (yes, believe it or not, he arrived
from Toronto in the deal for Paiement. What an acquisition!
But, the Rockies lack of depth necessitated his trade to
Calgary for Don Lever and another guy.)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top