Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Their are a lot of comedians I like nowadays especially Billy Crystal, Jon Stewart, and Dave Chappelle but my favourite of all time is George Carlin. He's hilarious.

"Do vegetarians eat animal crackers?"

"The reason Santa is jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live."

"Is it true cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?"

Hahahah. George Carlin is the best as comedy!

410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
Here is my top favorite comedians

1)RODNEY DANGERFIELD
2)JACKIE GLEASON
3)RED FOXX
4)CHEECH & CHONG
5)GEORGE CARLIN.
Awesome choices. I liked Rodney Dangerfield before he started starring in childish movies. I liked him in Caddyshack but once they made that disney movie on him I grew out of him. Jackie Gleason is so funny! Hahah. So is Red Foxx, my dad and I used to watch them all the time on special occasions. I've heard Cheech & Chong before and that is dirty comedy! George Carlin is my favourite comedian. You look like you like comedians, Olympia Stadium. Good list.

410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is my top ten list:

1. George Carlin
2. Richard Pryor (R.I.P)
3. Red Foxx
4. Jackie Gleason
5. Jon Stewart
6. Dave Chappelle (He quit but me and my twelve year old son used to always watch him kill them softly.)
7. Dane Cook
8. David Letterman
9. Conan O' Brien
10. Jay Leno (He used to be the best in 1993)

Other notables: Rodney Dangerfield, Cheech & Chong, Chris Rock, Chevy Chase, heck anyone on Saturday Night Live.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Comedians

More great comedians are
1)ABBOTT & COSTELLO
2)FREDDIE PRINZE chico and the man. died way to young
3)JACK BENNY
4)BENNY HILL
5)LAUREL & HARDY

410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
More great comedians are
1)ABBOTT & COSTELLO
2)FREDDIE PRINZE chico and the man. died way to young
3)JACK BENNY
4)BENNY HILL
5)LAUREL & HARDY
Never heard or remember any of those except Freddie Prinze. He was mediocre but not as good as the ones I thought were the best. The most stupid comedians of all time who weren't funny but over rated were Sonny & Cher. I always used to beg my mom to turn it off because it was "uncool," in my opinion.

410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
Richard Pryor had it rough in his later years. it was terrible to see him look like what he did at the end.
Yeah, I knew he was going to die soon. It's sad everyone dies eventually when they accomplish something so great. Richard Pryor is the reason why african-americans are ruling comedy nowadays. If it weren't for him their would be no Chris Rock or Dave Chappelle.

410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is the other influential black comedian towards blacks in comedy like Richard Pryor, Redd Foxx, one of my other favourites of all time. He told the most clean, cool jokes.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Abbott & Costello

masterofhockeyknowledge said:
Never heard or remember any of those except Freddie Prinze. He was mediocre but not as good as the ones I thought were the best. The most stupid comedians of all time who weren't funny but over rated were Sonny & Cher. I always used to beg my mom to turn it off because it was "uncool," in my opinion.
My favorite abbott & costello movie is Abbott & Costello meet Frankenstein with Lon Chaney JR playing the wolfman and Bela Lugosi playing dracula one last time. Glen Strange who is famous for his days on Gunsmoke played frankensteins monster.
Jack Benny had his tv show on for years and Benny Hill was very popular back in the 1970s.benny hill was from england.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Redd Foxx

Here is the other influential black comedian towards blacks in comedy like Richard Pryor, Redd Foxx, one of my other favourites of all time. He told the most clean, cool jokes.

I watched sanford and son all the time back in the 1970s and still watch it today on tv land on cable.i have a couple of the sanford-son DVDS.and i also have a couple of his CDs.

410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
I watched sanford and son all the time back in the 1970s and still watch it today on tv land on cable.i have a couple of the sanford-son DVDS.and i also have a couple of his CDs.
I own many comedy cds too but the cds usually use coarse language. I think comedy is the same with coarse language.

410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another great comedian I always used to watch was John Cleese from the Fawlty Towers, my then favourite show. He also starred in one of the most funniest movies of all time, Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Of all time it would have to be... Jeff Foxworthy When I am feeling good.. and Ron White when I am feeling like mad or something like that

·
Banned
961 Posts
Redd Foxx

Just want to let everyone know that this weekend on cables tv land they are having a 48 hour marathon of sanford and son.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts