Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about Thornton ? he can do it all, play good defence and offence, is a born player maker, and can lay out some pretty good hits.

i think Forsberg right now is the best player in the world but in the upcoming years Joe Thornton will be the best. Jagr is having a lucky season.

410 Posts
Forsberg is constantly injured. If he played every game so far this season he would have in my estimation 98 points, 10 more than the leader Jagr. Also if Forsberg didn't miss five games in the 2002-2003 season he led in points he would have had 112 points I believe.

My point is that Forsberg is the best in the world right now. Players with potential at becoming the best in the world are Rick Nash or Alexander Ovechkin. Forsberg is a great play maker like Adam Oates was on the Bruins 15 years ago.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya, In the future Rick Nash and Joe Thornton could be two of the best all around players in the NHL, there both big and can dish out the hits, Nash also has a goal scoreres touch while Thornton being the natrual playmaker.
Nash does have some issues to work out though, he aint that great of a defensive player . he has a carrer +/- of -62.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Give Ovechkin a few years and there won't be any doubt who is the best in the world. For now, I'd say its a toss up between Joe Thornton and Jaromine Jagr. I think Lidstrom would be up there as well, even if he is a defenseman.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya Crosby aint doing good as i thought he would ( sure he is having a awesome season, good stats for a 18 year old rookie on one of the worst teams in the nhl ) but most of his goals seem to be garbage goals, with all this hype about him being the next one, i relly dont see it, yes i know he still has alot of years to mature!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Forsberg is the best in the world

except that he is constantly injured

·
Registered
90 Posts
boycie said:
Forsberg is the best in the world

except that he is constantly injured
Eh thats just a minor detail...but if he was healthy, I would have to second this, because I'm extremly bias.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Zetterberg40rule said:
Give Ovechkin a few years and there won't be any doubt who is the best in the world. For now, I'd say its a toss up between Joe Thornton and Jaromine Jagr. I think Lidstrom would be up there as well, even if he is a defenseman.
Agreed. In his prime he is going to be an amazing player to watch; not that he already isnt.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts