Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have it, the Leafs and Buffalo are on NHL 1 right now!!

And Buffalo is wearing their new uniforms!!

Monday, September 18, 2006 7:00 p.m. E.T.

Or, if you have the Leafs Network, you can watch it there as well!!

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oilers said:
any free streaming on internet??:(

i wanan watch it!
No, you won't find it free anyway!!

It's not worth watching, it is very BORING!!!!
I thought it would have been better than this, but it's the same old LEAFS!!! No one can skate, and McCabe still takes dumb penalties!!!

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW, I'm glad this game is over!!!

4-0 for Buffalo, that was pathetic to watch, but there were no other games on, and I was hungry for hockey!!!

Oh well, serves me right, got waaaay to excited about seeing a game!!!!

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leafs drop pre-season opener to Sabres

Canadian Press
9/18/2006 10:19:34 PM

TORONTO (CP) - Paul Maurice has been all too aware since taking over as head coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs last May that his biggest challenge is reducing goals against, and he got a painful reminder as the Buffalo Sabres raced to a 4-0 victory in the NHL pre-season opener for both teams Monday night.

New No. 1 goaltender Andrew Raycroft played well enough but the Leafs didn't stand a chance because of all the penalties they took. Fans booed as the Sabres pulled away.

The Leafs scored 257 times last season under the deposed Pat Quinn. Only 10 of the league's 30 teams scored more goals. The Leafs allowed 270, and only eight clubs were worse than the they were without the puck. So, it was crystal clear what kept them out of the playoffs.

Better checking and more discipline are what they need.

Jiri Novotny, Derek Roy and Daniel Paille scored on power plays in the second period for the Sabres, and Mike Ryan added another power-play goal in the third.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=177994&hubname=

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are coming up with every excuse in the book, AND, if you can believe this one, their even saying that they looked TIRED!!! Do you believe that!!!!

Wholly cow, is this not a professional hockey team, playing it's first exhibition game?

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hkyfn said:
It's a meaningless pre season game! Who cares who won, as the teams are only shaking off the rust.
Yes we know that, but some of us still like to know who won. What's wrong with that?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I thought Raycroft looked good stopping those breakaways in the third period....searching for more positives....the Leafs had better looking jerseys than the Sabres?

·
Registered
227 Posts
panoo2004 said:
Yes we know that, but some of us still like to know who won. What's wrong with that?
The purpose of exhibition games, in hockey or otherwise is not really about who "won", but rather what players played well, or didn't play well, etc. Teams also will try different things to see how certain plays develop, etc and just plain experiment. Exhibition games are nothing more than a scrimmage, so to actually wonder who is winning, or who lost is meaningless. The only games worth watching are the games that start in early October, REGULAR SEASON! Those games, then you can post your comments about tired teams, or stupid penalties!

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hkyfn said:
The purpose of exhibition games, in hockey or otherwise is not really about who "won", but rather what players played well, or didn't play well, etc. Teams also will try different things to see how certain plays develop, etc and just plain experiment. Exhibition games are nothing more than a scrimmage, so to actually wonder who is winning, or who lost is meaningless. The only games worth watching are the games that start in early October, REGULAR SEASON! Those games, then you can post your comments about tired teams, or stupid penalties!
I know all this!! I don't see what the difference is? It's a forum, you talk about things, that's what you do in forums!

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Winning a pre season game means that your young guys are improving better than your opposition. Forget the trying new things that's out the window it's young guys fighting for jobs or at least putting a memory into the GM (for their team and others) heads.

Some teams might try new things but why give something to opposing scouts for free? Every team runs with advance scouts so using new power play formations or break out plays will only give your opposition more time to break it down. Sure some teams will be doing this with new coaches behind the bench but teams with old systems will not show new for the pre-season.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts