Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of rumors are going around but I'd like to know who u think TML will be moving and wut we will be getting in return i believe Kabby is gone and that we will be getting something quite similar to wut TB got for Boyle

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
We could have got Carter and a 1st for Kabs last year, so something similar would be nice. I would move him straight up for Hodgson from Vancouver if given the chance. Maybe even toss in a 3rd or one of the vets playing on the Marlies that would come in handy during the post season to get the deal done. Battaglia is a good role player who might have minimal value to a playoff team looking to add some depth.

·
Registered
765 Posts
We could have got Carter and a 1st for Kabs last year, so something similar would be nice. I would move him straight up for Hodgson from Vancouver if given the chance. Maybe even toss in a 3rd or one of the vets playing on the Marlies that would come in handy during the post season to get the deal done. Battaglia is a good role player who might have minimal value to a playoff team looking to add some depth.
You arent getting anything similar to Carter and a first for Kabby this year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree, I think that it will be very tough for Burke to get something like the opportunity from Philly last year for Carter.

I think Kaberle is going for sure, he's got the best trade value. A team like montreal could really use him, but it's hard to say if burke will trade a player like him to a divisonal rival. Wherever he goes, I think we could get a very coveted prospect and hopefully a 1st rounder.

Jason Blake has worn out his welcome, I think he will be shopped around, but it's hard to say if any teams will want to pick up his $20million contract. Hopefully a 2nd round pick and a prospect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That Carter trade looks ridiculous now, but was realistic last year. I hope Kaberle and Toskala are next on the chopping block, but we'll see. I wouldn't mind them getting Clemmenson back from NJ.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Antropov looks for sure to be on his way out. Wouldn't surprise me to see Philly go after both Kaberle and Antropov. They've had interest in them numerous times before.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
You arent getting anything similar to Carter and a first for Kabby this year.
Not the Carter of this season for sure. However the Carter of last season and a 1st is still attainable if there is any kind of a bidding war.

In two years from now when the cap shrinks some team will be able to have a quality top 2 d-man for $4.25M. That is worth something.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Antropov looks for sure to be on his way out. Wouldn't surprise me to see Philly go after both Kaberle and Antropov. They've had interest in them numerous times before.
With the emergence of Carter I think Philly may be talked into moving VanReimsdyk. Would be nice to see Kabs move in a deal for him.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Jason Blake has worn out his welcome, I think he will be shopped around, but it's hard to say if any teams will want to pick up his $20million contract. Hopefully a 2nd round pick and a prospect.
No one will take Blake now, even though he is playing his best hockey since he signed here. So forget about moving him and instead sign Dominic Moore 3 years @ 1.5M per(2.5,1.5,0.5). Moore is a big part of Blake's return to 30Goal form, and has improved the game of every player put on his line this year, so I think keeping him around is a very good idea. If he have to keep Blake, we might aswell keep the guy who helps his game.

Unfortunately I think there will be a ton of teams looking to bring Moore on board for a playoff run. Burke may have no option but to move him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts