Hockey Fan Forums banner

Who do you think is the best player ever in the NHL, besides Gretzky.

• Gordie Howe

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Mark Messier

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Mario Lemieux

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Bernie Nicholls (doubt it as well, but he was good at skating)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bobby Clarke (doubt it, but oh well)

• Jean Beliveau

• Maurice Richard

• Guy Lafleur

• Brett Hull

• Other

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Who do you truly think is the best hockey player ever. Tired of hearing Gretzky is good? Express your opinions in this thread/poll. There are many, many options but I only will list eleven (including other), who I think are the best besides Gretzky. This is the time to express your opinion.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Best Player ever

In my opinion its gordie howe hands down. By the way i am going to try to see if we can add 10 more slots for a total of 20 for these polls, now you can only have at the most 10.

410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
In my opinion its gordie howe hands down. By the way i am going to try to see if we can add 10 more slots for a total of 20 for these polls, now you can only have at the most 10.
What do you mean? I misunderstood you. My pick is Messier. He was the best leader a team could possibly have. He was good at making other play better with his rude comments toward others.

·
Banned
961 Posts
best ever

masterofhockeyknowledge said:
What do you mean? I misunderstood you. My pick is Messier. He was the best leader a team could possibly have. He was good at making other play better with his rude comments toward others.
Gordie howe in my opinion is just the best ever. i will say one thing about messier he could play back in the days of the original 6 unlike gretzky.

·
Registered
306 Posts
As much as I would like to say Gordie Howe,and as much as I hate Mary Lemieux I gotta say him.

If a player breathed on him his fans had a crying fit,calling for a penalty.:rolleyes:

410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SilverBoltNation said:
Honestly, I think Orr and Lemieux are better than Gretz. So, I'm going with the greatest player of all-time, Bobby "Gorden" Orr....
How did I not put Bobby Orr on my list! He is the greatest defensemen of all time. He was more offenive than defense although he could check and poke check.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I think it would be gordie hands down. But I wasnt alive when he played. well i was , to a digree but to small to remember.

But in all reality I went with a great player (Brett Hull)that I know and love... I watched him and alot of others when i first started watching hockey. when he played for detroit it was a whole lot of fun!

But I think you should also add bobby hull! :)

·
Banned
961 Posts
Polls

shanny14 said:
I think it would be gordie hands down. But I wasnt alive when he played. well i was , to a digree but to small to remember.

But in all reality I went with a great player (Brett Hull)that I know and love... I watched him and alot of others when i first started watching hockey. when he played for detroit it was a whole lot of fun!

But I think you should also add bobby hull! :)
The problem here with the polls is that you only have 10 slots for polls. i have talked to the ADMIN here about adding 10 more slots for a total of 20 for polls.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Polls

Dman said:
How is Orr not even an option?
As i said before in the polls here on this board you only have 10 choices. i have talked to the ADMIN here about adding 10 more spots for a total of 20. we will see if this happens in the near future. and as far as bobby orr and this poll you wil have to ask the member who started the poll this question.

410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
As i said before in the polls here on this board you only have 10 choices. i have talked to the ADMIN here about adding 10 more spots for a total of 20. we will see if this happens in the near future. and as far as bobby orr and this poll you wil have to ask the member who started the poll this question.
But yet again I put Brett Hull and Bernie Nicholls so it's my fault I did not put Bobby Orr, the greatest defensemen of all time in the poll.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Yea i have to go with Bobby Orr on this one. If he didnt have those bad knees he would have played even longer and racked up more points. I also think Paul Coffey should have been on the list

1 - 19 of 19 Posts