Hockey Fan Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Whatever, I didn't start this to talk about the Leafs. If you want to talk about the hit then go ahead, but since this has nothing to do with the Leafs you can honestly continue your anti-leaf rant to someone else.

IMHO it was a clean hit, just cause it was Naslund makes no difference. If you've ever played a hockey game, you'd know that when you get out there it doesn't matter who you're against and it's either up to your teammates to defend your top player by letting other teams know that anything against him will not be tolerated or you could do what the Canucks did, nothing and have Naslund a target during all games. If it were any other two players this argument would've meant absolutely nothing but since it was Naslund it's the end of the world. Suck it up, injuries happen and quit crying.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Get real, nobody's crying, and if you've read what I've posted you'd know that nobody is more disappointed than I am that there was no response.

You are obviously incapable of perspective on this as evidenced by your refusal to admit that you'd want blood, any type if it was Sundin or Mogilny on the end of that hit, or any other leaf for that matter.

Of course you don't want to bring the leaf into it, what did you think of Pucker deliberately taking out Peca's knee several games after getting an elbow from him?

That was perfectly justified I'm sure. :roll:

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Yoata said:
Get real, nobody's crying, and if you've read what I've posted you'd know that nobody is more disappointed than I am that there was no response.

You are obviously incapable of perspective on this as evidenced by your refusal to admit that you'd want blood, any type if it was Sundin or Mogilny on the end of that hit, or any other leaf for that matter.

Of course you don't want to bring the leaf into it, what did you think of Pucker deliberately taking out Peca's knee several games after getting an elbow from him?

Yoata, <deleted content by BBJ, sorry Yoata, next time I'll pm that kind of message>.

Impulse and Yoata, I suggest you guys just agree to disagree and move on.

·
Registered
831 Posts
My argument is not based on me wanting blood for something that supposedly could happen to top players on Toronto, nor does it involve the Tucker/Peca incident. I am telling you that:

1. There is no debate on whether the hit was legal or not. Moore was not penalized, suspended or fined so the league considered the hit legal, end of story.

2. Just because it was Naslund makes no difference, star players aren't given special treatment unless the team earns that treatment, the same way McSorely earned Gretzky the comfort of not being run at.

3. Canuck fans who are going around saying Tanguay's a target or Sakic's a target will be disappointed, now that the game is over and there is no chance to get revenge without some means of dicsplinary action, now that there's players putting bounties on Moore's head.

4. Injuries do happen and players will get hurt over an 82 game schedule. And how a team reacts to the injury determines it's true character.

·
Registered
831 Posts
bigbigjim said:
Yoata said:

Yoata, how come everytime you debate with a Leaf fan you bring up the Tucker hit on Peca? That has very little to do with this discussion. Let it go. It was almost 2 years ago.

Impulse and Yoata, I suggest you guys just agree to disagree and move on.
Ok, I've said my piece so I'm willing to agree to disagree.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Excuse me jim, but I don't see it as your role as a mod to tell me how I should and should not debate a topic?

It is perfectly relevent to a discussion of how a team should react to a cheap shot on one of their players, and I'm trying to make Impulse get a little perspective by using an example that as a leaf fan he can relate to.

I'm perfectly willing to let it go as well, I'm not the one that couldn't handle the discussion and so had to start telling him to "suck it up and stop crying".

Yeah I can see how me bringing up a comparison for discussion is a lot more mod worthy than that sort of uncalled for and unmoderated rhetoric. :roll:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Sorry hadn't seen this yet:

1. There is no debate on whether the hit was legal or not. Moore was not penalized, suspended or fined so the league considered the hit legal, end of story.
WHAT!? Just because YOU say so, there's no debate on it???

Sorry, but you'd better check around the boards, there's been one hell of a pile of debate on it, and most agree that at best it was a cheap shot, at worst a deliberate headshot.

No penalty or suspension = clean???

LMFAO!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Yoata said:
Excuse me jim, but I don't see it as your role as a mod to tell me how I should and should not debate a topic?It is perfectly relevent to a discussion of how a team should react to a cheap shot on one of their players, and I'm trying to make Impulse get a little perspective by using an example that as a leaf fan he can relate to.
Well in the last 6 weeks I've seen more written about the Tucker hit than the previous year and a half. It is truly irrelevent in this discussion as with most of the discussions it has been brought up in.

I'm perfectly willing to let it go as well, I'm not the one that couldn't hand the discussion and so had to start telling him to "suck it up and stop crying".
That was his take on your commentary. I don't think it was correct but it was his opinion.

Yeah I can see how me bringing up a comparison for discussion is a lot more mod worthy than that sort of uncalled for and unmoderated rhetoric. :roll:
If you have a problem with my moderating then bring it up with me by PM or contact the admin or other mods by PM. By being openly rebellious you undermine my authority. I'll let it go this time but not in future.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
theo fleury said:
Yoata said:
peca jumped out of the way to avoid being hit, not tuckers fault peca got hurt
Dejavu all over again.

How about if we discuss the JFK shooting while we're at it.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Quote:
Well in the last 6 weeks I've seen more written about the Tucker hit than the previous year and a half. It is truly irrelevent in this discussion as with most that ut has been brought up in.

It IS relevent as I've already explained, and again just how is it under your authority to moderate someone for how they chose to debate, so long as it's within the rules???

Quote:

That was his take on your commentary. I don't think it was correct but it was his opinion.

So his "opinion" is ok to post regardless of how insulting or offensive it is, but my valid comparisons are not???

So what if it was my "opinion" that he was a gutless liar with no integrity, would that also be ok since it is my "opinion"?

You asked me a question publicly and I answered it publicly, what's the problem?

Why didn't you PM me if you had a problem?

It is not my intention at all to undermine your "authority", but merely to defend myself from unfair treatment. However, if you're going to abuse your authority in this way then it should be undermined.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts