Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yoata said:
THE FACT THAT HE'S ON ONE KNEE should give you a clue.

The fact that the guy purposely LUNGED AT HIS HEAD should give you another.

It is clearly a case of a call-up trying to make a name for himself by taking a shot at the league's best player while he's in a vulnerable position.

Again, if that's Sundin or Mogilny getting headhunted like that in a vulnerable position, you're screaming bloody murder and you know it.
1. He was asking for trouble when he went down like that

2. The guy would probably have hit him square on the shoulders had Naslund have been on his feet. He could've held up but he didn't, when Roenick crushed Svehla who was going to kick the puck he could've held up but he didn't and everyone was saying how it was a great hit. Now the shoe is on the other foot for you and your going nuts over it, which really doesn't surprise me.

3. Sundin and Mogilny don't have any relevence in this situation so drop that argument.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
A player stretching out for a loose puck is asking for a concussion???

The guy wouldn't have hit him at all if Naslund had been on his feet, he targetting Naslund and his head in particular BECAUSE Naslund was vulnerable,

It has every relevence, and you refusing to acknowledge it meanwhile claiming that Roneick and Svehla has bearing says a lot to that fact.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Impulse said:
The kid finished his check, just cause it was Naslund doesn't make it any different.
How could it possibly be "finishing his check" when Naslund never even touched the puck on the play ?

The puck was dumped out of the Avs' zone, Naslund was pursuing said loose puck in open ice, Moore ignored the puck and went for his head. Moore was looking at Naslund the whole time so he knew exactly what he was doing.

At the very least it was a penalty, at the most it was a cheap, premeditated, headshot on a player in a vulnerable position punishable by having his stomach gutted and roasted over an open pit.

Exhibit A

http://members.shaw.ca/zapiper/far.gif

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yoata said:
A player stretching out for a loose puck is asking for a concussion???

The guy wouldn't have hit him at all if Naslund had been on his feet, he targetting Naslund and his head in particular BECAUSE Naslund was vulnerable,

It has every relevence, and you refusing to acknowledge it meanwhile claiming that Roneick and Svehla has bearing says a lot to that fact.
Ok bro, how many times have you heard, keep your head up??? This follows the same suit, don't leave yourself available to a hit, if this was any other player on the team you wouldn't give it a second glance, instead cause it's Naslund it was premeditated and it was dirty. The guy set up for the hit, Naslund went down to one knee and got hit. Moore was going for the hit because the puck bounced off his stick and got pushed aside. It was a clean hit otherwise there would be a suspension and or penalty. So just cause you don't want to look at the facts then your argument has nothing.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Chairman Mao said:
Impulse said:
The kid finished his check, just cause it was Naslund doesn't make it any different.
How could it possibly be "finishing his check" when Naslund never even touched the puck on the play ?

The puck was dumped out of the Avs' zone, Naslund was pursuing said loose puck in open ice, Moore ignored the puck and went for his head. Moore was looking at Naslund the whole time so he knew exactly what he was doing.

At the very least it was a penalty, at the most it was a cheap, premeditated, headshot on a player in a vulnerable position punishable by having his stomach gutted and roasted over an open pit.

Exhibit A

http://members.shaw.ca/zapiper/far.gif
First of all in super slow motion it really hard to get a look at the speed of each player, but Naslund had touched the puck and was pursuing it and the guy cut him off. What do you call it, interference? Naslund was as close to the puck as anyone and the last to touch it, was there any need for him to reach out like that in the neutral zone? If you want everyone's captain or star player to have imunity from body contact you should go to Europe, Naslund got hit the way anyone would've in that situation, and if it was someone like Tucker or Marchment you would all be praising the guy like he's a god. It was clean and if it wasn't there would've been a suspension. The league knows a lot more about these kinds of hits then you or me and if it was dirty something would've been done.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Impulse, it didn't even look like he was going to hit him UNTIL Naslund was down, THAT'S when he LUNGED AT HIS HEAD.

Take another look, that is EXACTLY what happened, and on ANY player it would be dirty, players are vulnerable ALL THE TIME, that doesn't mean you take their head off, it's called RESPECT, ESPECIALLY when it's a borderline NHLer on the league's biggest star.

Yeah sure, dirtly plays NEVER go unpenalized or suspended. :roll: It is your argument that has nothing.

And I ain't your bro.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yoata said:
Impulse, it didn't even look like he was going to hit him UNTIL Naslund was down, THAT'S when he LUNGED AT HIS HEAD.

Take another look, that is EXACTLY what happened, and on ANY player it would be dirty, players are vulnerable ALL THE TIME, that doesn't mean you take their head off, it's called RESPECT, ESPECIALLY when it's a borderline NHLer on the league's biggest star.

Yeah sure, dirtly plays NEVER go unpenalized or suspended. :roll: It is your argument that has nothing.

And I ain't your bro.
Were you inside Moore's head? Did you hear what he was thinking leading up to the hit? The play happened so quickly that if Marcus kept himself in a less vulnerable position he wouldn't have got crushed. You tend to believe it was dirty when it wasn't, you argue everything with everybody on this forum and it is getting ridiculous. In a game that's as quick as lightening there are split seconds where everything could change. prove to me that this guy is a dirty player and you might have some backing to your argument, but just cause a rookie hits a veteren, doesn't make the check dirty and your whole argument is based that he only set up for the check when Naslund went down, so was Naslund down for a couple seconds before the hit??? No he went down a couple of milliseconds before the hit so how was that premeditated???

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
That kind of argument is totally pointless...

Were YOU inside his head?... :roll:

And I could just as easily say you tend to believe it was'NT dirty when it WAS.... :roll:

What he did was dirty, so you prove to me he's not... :roll:

Naslund was down plenty long enough that the punk recognized it, he didn't LUNGE AT HIS HEAD until WELL AFTER he was down.

I can argue with whoever I want, I'm well within the rules, so what are you whining about?

If you can't handle the debate or at least without making it personal then why don't you just drop it?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yoata said:
That kind of argument is totally pointless...

Were YOU inside his head?... :roll:

And I could just as easily say you tend to believe it was'NT dirty when it WAS.... :roll:

What he did was dirty, so you prove to me he's not... :roll:

Naslund was down plenty long enough that the punk recognized it, he didn't LUNGE AT HIS HEAD until WELL AFTER he was down.

I can argue with whoever I want, I'm well within the rules, so what are you whining about?

If you can't handle the debate or at least without making it personal then why don't you just drop it?
You're the one saying he was going to headhunting so I guess you heard something I didn't. And good for you, so proud of yourself you must be to start up with everyone, give yourself a hand, it must be a great thrill for you to. BTW by me having to prove that he isn't dirty would come as the assumption that everyone in the league is dirty and you have to pick and choose who is and isn't dirty. He lunged at him, I didn't see him jump or push further towards him, seems to me Naslund didn't brace for impact and his forward speed pushed him further into the check leading to a snap back of his head. 100% Clean hit.

BTW I'm not going to back down from anyone.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
So obviously you aren't capable of continuing the debate without making it personal.

Heard something you didn't?

Naslund was down, clearly, THEN the punk LUNGES himself at Naslund's HEAD when Naslund was VULNERABLE.

100% clean???

Well I guess you won't have any problem if Ruutu does that to souptin next time they play then. :roll:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yoata said:
Well I guess you won't have any problem if Ruutu does that to souptin next time they play then. :roll:
Go ahead, in fact go tell him to do it. The difference is we won't be whining about it because someone on the leafs will clean his clock.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
But wouldn't he also "be asking for it"? Shouldn't he also "keep his head up"?

I guess guys are allowed to "finish their checks" but not on souptin???

Maybe souptin should "go play in Europe"?

And if souptin were concussed on the play, and out for a week or more, Dumi "cleaning his clock" would be the end of it I'm sure? :roll:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yoata said:
But wouldn't he also "be asking for it"? Shouldn't he also "keep his head up"?

I guess guys are allowed to "finish their checks" but not on souptin???

Maybe souptin should "go play in Europe"?

And if souptin were concussed on the play, and out for a week or more, Dumi "cleaning his clock" would be the end of it I'm sure? :roll:
What are you talking about? :roll:

There is absolutely nothing in that statement that supports your argument. Redgardless of the type of hit a team sticks up for their players. You barely ever see a Leaf player get hit without someone sticking up for them. Now you've got me going off topic.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
It's really very simple, just anwer the questions.

They're all YOUR quotes about the hit on Naslund, so I'm just confirming that you would say the same things if it was souptin instead?

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'll spell it out for you:

If Sundin skates through center ice and leaves himself open to an injury causing hit, as long as the hit was clean I would accept it. I would like to see a Leaf get back at him, but if it was dirty and was CLEARLY an intent to injure then I as much as other Leaf fans would be livid. But if it was a clean hit or the one that Naslund got I wouldn't mind as much.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
:lol: Yeah right!

I could see it now, Dumi starts sucker punching everyone in sight, Pucker starts frothing at the mouth and throws himself into the players bench swinging his stick wildly, Roberts figures it's open season on everybody and once play resumes charges around hurling himself at anyone anywhere near the puck, mostly from behind, McCabe crosschecks the first guy coming in on him in the face, Belfour hobbles anyone within 20 feet of the crease with his goal stick, and Quinn spits his gum at a ref shoves some reporters and then goes into a profanity laden tirade on national tv about the refs conspiring against the leaf and that everything the leaf did to retaliate was deserved, and the fans lap it up like a kitten with a bowl of cream, and do their damnedest to spin pathetic excuses for all of it.

All just like it's always been in the CotU, and you know it, so take your own BS "fairplay" :roll: advice.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Impulse said:
I'll spell it out for you:

If Sundin skates through center ice and leaves himself open to an injury causing hit, as long as the hit was clean I would accept it. I would like to see a Leaf get back at him, but if it was dirty and was CLEARLY an intent to injure then I as much as other Leaf fans would be livid. But if it was a clean hit or the one that Naslund got I wouldn't mind as much.
Moores hit wasn't clean, in order for it to be clean Naslund would have at least touched the puck, which he didn,t.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts