Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the leading scorer on the Colorado Avalanche this season.
I'm french, and I wear a visor, duh!
Within one calendar year, my career will be jeapordized when a rival player takes a run at my knee because my-gutless-punk-rookie-no-talent team-mate intently injured their captain.
Who am I?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
gordfish said:
I'm the leading scorer on the Colorado Avalanche this season.
I'm french, and I wear a visor, duh!
Within one calendar year, my career will be jeapordized when a rival player takes a run at my knee because my-gutless-punk-rookie-no-talent team-mate intently injured their captain.
Who am I?
Heres a question..

Forsberg and Naslund are buddies..they go way back, am I right..or am I wrong?

So, what do you think Forsberg said to Moore..after the hit..Ofcourse its against the rival..but still..he is his buddy, and this dude has hurt his buddy..so what do you think he said, if anything?

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know if he said much at all, but I know what he's thinking. Him, along with Sakic and Foote are silently praying that this doesn't have the same galvanizing effect that Lemieux's hit on Draper had on the Wings. To be honost, I'd bet my best Sherwood that there are a lot of nervous hockey players on that Avalanche roster right about now. If the Canucks weren't motivated to take the division away from the Avs before that hit, they sure as hell are now.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
TimmyTabasco said:
theo fleury said:
soo its not sakic then??
Sakic isn't french..as pointed out..he is from BC :wink:

Its Tanguay, also pointed out :lol:

Worrell? :lol:
I'm pretty sure that Theo was kidding too.

Forsberg and Naslund are buddies..they go way back, am I right..or am I wrong?

So, what do you think Forsberg said to Moore..after the hit..Ofcourse its against the rival..but still..he is his buddy, and this dude has hurt his buddy..so what do you think he said, if anything?
Buddies or not Forsberg has to put that aside. All's fair in Love, War and Hockey.

I'd bet my best Sherwood that there are a lot of nervous hockey players on that Avalanche roster right about now. If the Canucks weren't motivated to take the division away from the Avs before that hit, they sure as hell are now.
Very true Gordfish.

·
Registered
831 Posts
The kid finished his check, just cause it was Naslund doesn't make it any different. Naslund left himself exposed and he paid for it, it isn't the first or last time it happened. I have seen it done several times this year and to hear the Canuck fans wanting to goon the other team is ridiculous. If anything was going to be done it should've been during that game and it wasn't so i don't expect any fireworks next time.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Good point gordfish.

Tell me that when it's Sundin or Mogilny that gets headhunted Impulse.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yoata said:
Good point gordfish.

Tell me that when it's Sundin or Mogilny that gets headhunted Impulse.
The difference is it won't happen, Sundin has been run at once this year by Gauthier on Calgary. The very next shift Domi and Tucker took care of things so don't give me that argument. Besides if you want Colorado to pay then you should've done it during that game, now you'll have the refs instructed to call everything and a lot more punishment to any reaction. It's too late now and if Naslund is only out for a week then count your blessings, maybe next time he'll keep his head up as he was hunched over when he got hit.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
That's not a difference, it's an excuse. I said IF, and your refusal to answer, and blaming of Naslund is more than sufficient to expose your bias.

I agree completely that they should've responded immediately, but that hardly precludes them from doing so later rather than sooner.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yoata said:
That's not a difference, it's an excuse. I said IF, and your refusal to answer, and blaming of Naslund is more than sufficient to expose your bias.

I agree completely that they should've responded immediately, but that hardly precludes them from doing so later rather than sooner.
My bias???

Naslund gets hit and you get all up in arms and then suggest that it would happen to Sundin or Mogilny. If it's a clear head hunter shot then I would give it to you but I think it was hardly a head hunt. Look at Naslund's position he's on one knee, where's the guy supposed to hit him? By taking out that hit you might as well take out finishing checks in hockey as that's all it was. If something happens the Canucks are going to get in more trouble then the Avs since they put a bounty out on this guy.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
THE FACT THAT HE'S ON ONE KNEE should give you a clue.

The fact that the guy purposely LUNGED AT HIS HEAD should give you another.

It is clearly a case of a call-up trying to make a name for himself by taking a shot at the league's best player while he's in a vulnerable position.

Again, if that's Sundin or Mogilny getting headhunted like that in a vulnerable position, you're screaming bloody murder and you know it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts