Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favourite Red Wing coach of all time is Scotty Bowman. He is the best coach ever. Each season he finished with over 50 wins. He also knew what players were capable of playing good, and made them play good!

The reason I made this thread is because there are so many good Red Wings coaches to choose from. Mike Babcock is good, and so is Dave Lewis. I like Scotty Bowman though. Also, the Red Wings had very good coaches in the 1960s.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have to agree with you about Bowman. Exceptional coach who wont be matched.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Bowman was an excellent coach, in my oppinon, the best in all sports! the guy knew what he was doing! exceptional teams from his past ... was a gm.. hes been there done that. beat toe blake , his mentore as the best coach... there are so many accomplishments that he has had. The alvin Faloon life achievement award. I could go on and on about scotty.. the Man has had an amazing career!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ted Garvin

masterofhockeyknowledge said:
My favourite Red Wing coach of all time is Scotty Bowman. He is the best coach ever. Each season he finished with over 50 wins. He also knew what players were capable of playing good, and made them play good!

The reason I made this thread is because there are so many good Red Wings coaches to choose from. Mike Babcock is good, and so is Dave Lewis. I like Scotty Bowman though. Also, the Red Wings had very good coaches in the 1960s.
Just kidding

·
Registered
18 Posts
Scotty Bowman hands down , he & steve yzerman were the reasons we won our cups , he always finished with 50 or more wins & was an exceptionale coach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts