• Islanders

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrads to the Bruins for keeping the cup in the States.

I wonder which series loss hurt the most to Canucks fans?

·
Registered
96 Posts
The 2010/2011 President trophy phonies got what they deserved. Don't worry Vancouver, your team is still the joke of the NHL for a 40th straight year. Let the riot in Vancouver begin! Better luck next time in about 20 years.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Be proud of your team even though it hurts. I don't see any logic in burning down your city. :frown:

·
Registered
96 Posts
How can they be proud of their team? I have never seen a team play with less desire in a game 7 for the Stanley cup like the 2010/2011 Vancouver Can-nots! Johnny Canuck can now put a being mauled by a Bruin in his video. I hope to see the riot on the evening news. Don't let us down on this Vancouver!

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
The 2010/2011 President trophy phonies got what they deserved. Don't worry Vancouver, your team is still the joke of the NHL for a 40th straight year. Let the riot in Vancouver begin! Better luck next time in about 20 years.

How can they be proud of their team? I have never seen a team play with less desire in a game 7 for the Stanley cup like the 2010/2011 Vancouver Can-nots! Johnny Canuck can now put a being mauled by a Bruin in his video. I hope to see the riot on the evening news. Don't let us down on this Vancouver!
I can't think of any other posts of yours before the last week or two, so perhaps it's not always like this, but... Everything I've seen from you since the finals began has been one classless post after another, each more undignified than the last.

I don't like the Canucks at all; never have and never will. Thing is, you can dislike a team and be objective, you can dislike them and try to be as free of bias as possible. If you're here to actually talk hockey, then please stick around. However, if you're just here to flame, troll and put the "ass" in "class", then maybe you can find another board which is more your style.

Daryl

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
The Bruins for me,mainly due to the fact I wasn't born when the other two losses occured:D.

But todays loss was disappointing indeed...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Good for Boston, they played exceptionally well, and humbled, or perhaps schooled Vancouver on how it's done. Van, with their vaunted offence mustered a mere 8 goals in a seven game series. In all actuality, the 4-3 series score actually made the series appear closer than what it was. Boston completely dominated Van in the games played in Boston, and if it wasn't for a flukely OT goal in game 2, and a last minute goal in game 1, this series could have been over much sooner.

I think for Vancouver fans, this one has got to hurt, with all the lofty expectations coming into the series that the media thrust Vancouver's way. They should learn from this, and perhaps, next year they will get another shot.

·
Registered
227 Posts
When you grow up and become a man(in about 20 years), then come back here and type some intelligent posts. Until then, go post on the CBC website, where your type of tasteless and juvenile posts are more than welcome.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hockey is as serious as it comes in Canada. It has a good following here in the States as well but to the new fans watching what has gone down in the Vancouver Riots has to leave a huge black mark on the NHL. Vancouver is a beautiful city why couldn't the police force handle these fans. Wasn't a lesson learned from 1994? What was Gary Bettman thinking also?

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Hockey is as serious as it comes in Canada. It has a good following here in the States as well but to the new fans watching what has gone down in the Vancouver Riots has to leave a huge black mark on the NHL. Vancouver is a beautiful city why couldn't the police force handle these fans. Wasn't a lesson learned from 1994? What was Gary Bettman thinking also?
What does Gary Bettman have to do with the riot?

I'm much more comfortable with blaming him for the bad things that we know are actually his fault, like the Fox Trax puck, not keeping 99 in the NHL fold, and the invention of Wonder Bread.

Daryl

·
Registered
227 Posts
What Bettman has to do with this sorry episode, is anyone's guess! The Vancouver "fans", at least those that made complete asses of themselves are just a bunch of little wimp holligans, who only have guts when they are in a pack. By themselves, they are all little boys without any sense of self worth.

The NHL doesn't suffer from this one iota, it is Vancouver, which the world has seen in a very poor light. the real problem started by have big screens set up at major intersections. with no way to control a crowd, it's no wonder this sort of crap happened.

As a side note, it was also disgusting to watch how the fans booed Bettman when he came out to present the trophies. Utterly classless, perhaps this is what the average fan in Vancouver is like.

Reading the Canadian newspapers today, there seems to be this sense of entitlement in Canada, somehow, the Stanley Cup is a battle of Canada vs the US with the cup rightfully belonging in Canada, it's natural "home". How does this idiotic thought ever come to pass? I always thought that the SC was awarded to the NHL playoff champion, regardless of where that team plays. Silly me, but, I'm just an American hockey fan, so what do I know!

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
As a side note, it was also disgusting to watch how the fans booed Bettman when he came out to present the trophies. Utterly classless, perhaps this is what the average fan in Vancouver is like.
Just to point out,in a few events last year(i.e. The NHL entry draft and the trophies for the SCF with Blackhawks vs Flyers) he also got booed. Not the first time an arena(or group of fans) decided to boo Bettman, and certainly not the last group of fans to do so. I'm predicting in next weeks draft, that he will get booed once again.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What does Gary Bettman have to do with the riot?

I'm much more comfortable with blaming him for the bad things that we know are actually his fault, like the Fox Trax puck, not keeping 99 in the NHL fold, and the invention of Wonder Bread.

Daryl
Bettman has a right for to say who can televise the NHL as someone else pointed out big screens on every street corner. He was with the NHL in 1994 witnessed those riots. Guess nothing was learned. if you want a cleaner image of the game the commish could have gave vancouver a game plan.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Bettman has a right for to say who can televise the NHL as someone else pointed out big screens on every street corner. He was with the NHL in 1994 witnessed those riots. Guess nothing was learned. if you want a cleaner image of the game the commish could have gave vancouver a game plan.
Sorry, get real. To lay this on the doorstep of Bettman is just plain ridiculous. Bettman doesn't have the right to tell any city how or where they "allow" the locals to watch a game. This is strictly a city initiative, and since this is the second time (1994 being the first) that this sort of crap has happened in Vancouver, I would hope that the Vancouver city leaders elect not to allow block viewing parties should any of their pro sports teams make it to the championship game. This is a shame, however, the history is what it is.

If you must lay blame on someone, other than the ass holes that trashed their own city, lay it onto the mayor of Vancouver who obviously naively allowed big screens to be set up which gave thousands of drunken morons a ready made gathering spot from which to do their handiwork.

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Bettman has a right for to say who can televise the NHL as someone else pointed out big screens on every street corner.
Sorry, get real. To lay this on the doorstep of Bettman is just plain ridiculous. Bettman doesn't have the right to tell any city how or where they "allow" the locals to watch a game.
Bettman can't pull the screens, but the network that owns the broadcasting rights can - as we saw when NBC said no to viewing parties in Pittsburgh during the 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs. With CBC owning the rights in Canada though, that wouldn't happen.

·
Registered
227 Posts
VICE™;609571 said:
Bettman can't pull the screens, but the network that owns the broadcasting rights can - as we saw when NBC said no to viewing parties in Pittsburgh during the 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs. With CBC owning the rights in Canada though, that wouldn't happen.
Both the CBC and NBC, being free over the air stations, can be viewed by anyone, for no charge. What is illegal, is charging money to allow people to come into a facility that is showing their feed. Reading the story, the only way that NBC was able to strong arm Pittsburgh, is because it was the Penguins that were showing the game. If it had been the city of Pittsburgh, there is nothing that NBC could do.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts