Hockey Fan Forums banner

Which NHL team has the best goal horn?

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Canuck 
#1 ·
In your opinion, which NHL team has the best goal horn?
(Regardless of whether it's a retired goal horn or a present one).

:: 2KHockey.net
...a link to all goal horns in the nhl.

#2 ·
My hands down favorite, would have to be the Buffalo Sabres goal horn.
My all time favorite classic goal horn. I still get goosebumps occasionaly while hearing it during the playoffs.

I really don't know why the new york islanders got rid of their tugboat goal horn(from way back), as that was one of my favorites in the nhl, as well.

#5 ·
Carolina's. I love it. It's so awesome.

Colorado used to have a great one, but they replaced it with the deep one that they have now. It's no where near as good.

#10 ·
Chicago Stadium

Yes chicago stadium had the pipe organ. nothing like hearing that horn after a chicago goal. i miss the stadium so much. i saw games at all of the original 6 arenas except the old madison sqaure garden that was torn down in 1968.i also liked the ARENA in ST LOUIS. i wish i could have seen a game at the AUD in Buffalo.

#11 ·
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
Yes chicago stadium had the pipe organ. nothing like hearing that horn after a chicago goal. i miss the stadium so much. i saw games at all of the original 6 arenas except the old madison sqaure garden that was torn down in 1968.i also liked the ARENA in ST LOUIS. i wish i could have seen a game at the AUD in Buffalo.
The Aud will be razed next year, I think.

#12 ·
Thanks for the link, Ezekiel! I didn't notice it until today.:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.