Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
410 Posts
U.S.A have other sports they like. However, Minnesota and Michigan are into hockey a little bit. Hockey is Canada, Czech, Russia, Finland, and Sweden's sport. I would also say Slovakia but they aren't the best at hockey.

·
Registered
11 Posts
cocaine said:
I mean like australia,england,india for cricket.
who is the top team of Hockey?
i dont know more about international hockey so
i can say canada and russia
but we indians still watch the hockey between india and pakistan just as battle field

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
agreed. but could you imagine what it would be like if the czechs and slovaks were one team? that would be unstoppable! yikes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
shanny14 said:
agreed. but could you imagine what it would be like if the czechs and slovaks were one team? that would be unstoppable! yikes.
I think that would give me nightmares, but since I don't see that happening due to umm "past grudges", I have to say Russia & Canada are still the hockey capitals.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Fleming said:
I think that would give me nightmares, but since I don't see that happening due to umm "past grudges", I have to say Russia & Canada are still the hockey capitals.
believe me this i know. my descendants werent far from the czechs... or the slovaks for that matter.... considering the two are right next to eachother. believe me I know the grudge factor there. I was just saying if they all got along. damn that would be scarey.:eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, if you are going by the most recent international hockey competition (Olympics) results, you would pretty much have to say the Swedes are tops in hockey.

On the other hand, you could argue that even though Canada and Russia didn't fair well at the most recent international competition, history shows that they have, for the most part, dominated international competition.

Just my .02

;)

·
Banned
32 Posts
Calais said:
Well, if you are going by the most recent international hockey competition (Olympics) results, you would pretty much have to say the Swedes are tops in hockey.

On the other hand, you could argue that even though Canada and Russia didn't fair well at the most recent international competition, history shows that they have, for the most part, dominated international competition.

Just my .02

;)
I have to agree with Calais on this one. Before the Turin Olympics Canada had won almost all the major international tournaments going back to the Salt Lake City Olympics

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
It has to be Canada, otherwise, why do all the other countries want our people to show them how to play?

Plus, they all want to beat Canada, so that has to say something!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts