Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get some fans views on the Yotes this season? Where's all the posts? The Coyotes are having a pretty good season despite all the distractions of not knowing where you are going to have to move your family next season if at all. And the team is pretty young as well, any word on how the younger players are performing, I read somewhere that Mueller just got his first goal this season, how is Boedker playing? How about Hanzal he looks like he could become a beast. I haven't seen him play enough at all to justify that but his body type is similar to Malkins is it not, how about his skill set? Any news on Tikhonov and Turris in the AHL?

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Yotes are not pop. around here.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, no kidding. I found out right after I posted that that Boedker got sent down to the AHL. Does anyone know why? Maybe I should just look it up and see if I can find anything.

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Boedker was playing pretty poorly. Add in that he can make $1.725M in the NHL this year as opposed to less than $105k in the AHL and it's a decent enough move for the Coyotes in regards to a player who wasn't producing.

Hanzal is already one of the best young defensive forwards in the league. No joke. He's been named as one of the players that Datsyuk doesn't like going up against. His hands and offensive skill are just starting to catch up to his defensive play. At 6'6", 215, he's bigger than Malkin.

Mueller is playing very poorly as well, although it seems like it's all mental. Gretzky was a big supporter of him, and since Gretzky is gone, Tippett isn't a supporter of Mueller at all. His confidence is definitely shaken and I think that he actually ends up being traded this upcoming season.

Turris was drafted as a long-term project and is developing on time in the AHL. Tikhonov is playing decent in the AHL as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
was at the st louis home game back in october and hanzel played well he's seemed stronger and physical, mueller like vice said seems to have no confidence and was making the wrong pass or shot.
one thing that did impress me was the speical teams espically power plays, they were more patient and tring to get off the best shot, and also the defence, aucoin and vandermeer make a huge difference and jovo is playing like he use to and scoring points as well, but with a few injuires we went down hill and startd to lose a few games. the one thing that shock me was as a first time visiter to watch the coyotes was there was no crowd and no atmosphere, even with all the bankrupchy drama and the first home game where they gave out cheap tickets and sold out the game i thought there would be more.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The Coyotes have already asked him to report back to North America and he refused. He could be gone.
Who Tik? Tikhonov was loaned to Russia. It was mutual. They were lucky to have Tik to stay in the AHL as long as he did. AS for Meuller, he just got back from being a healthy scratch 2 nights ago and he looked really good. Had the first goals assist and was everywhere on the ice. Boedker is back up and isnt getting much ice time even though he deserves it and was scratched last night in favor of Meuller. Hanzal is a beast defensively but just hasnt done anything offensively....think they might need to break up that Czech-ing line of Vrbata Hanzal Prucha. Oh and Pyatt has been red hot of late, 3 goals in the last 3 games. Yotes are currently on a 5 game winning streak.

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Who Tik? Tikhonov was loaned to Russia. It was mutual. They were lucky to have Tik to stay in the AHL as long as he did.
The article that I read that said that was actually mis-translated.

It was Vasily Tikhonov (named in the article V. Tikhonov), Viktor's father, who said that he would like Viktor to stay in Russia. Somehow the originally left out the part that it was a father's wish to have his son close to home and reported it as Viktor Tikhonov staying no matter what.

Apologies for the confusion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts