Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been 13 days, I think, since Crosby was cleared for contact practice, so when will he play?
The Pens' next two home games are tomorrow night against the Islanders, and Nov 11 against Dallas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's been 13 days, I think, since Crosby was cleared for contact practice, so when will he play?
The Pens' next two home games are tomorrow night against the Islanders, and Nov 11 against Dallas.
Just because he's been cleared for contact doesn't mean he's even close to returning. IMHO he won't play until at least 2012.

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
The Pens schedule has been pretty compacted so far. SO although he's been cleared for contact, there really hasn't been much contact or practices on their off days. As the Pens are playing well, I don't think that they want to hurry him.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
^ My sentiments exactly.

They have waited this long a couple more weeks won't hurt, they'll only let him play when he's 100%,no rush.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's the problem with concussions as they are so misunderstood by us, the general public. Not only someone who had suffered a concussion has to be symptoms-free for a certain period of time, they need to be cleared according to the results of the specific tests. What scares me about this whole concussion thing is that Crosby could be on the ice again but suffer another concussion and be done with hockey. Look at Marc Savard, Ian Laperrier... So, I can see why the Pens are not really rushing the guy to re-join the team.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts