Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When and where is the next world cup going to be??

I assume that it will be 2008. because 2006 is an olympic year, and so is 2010... so i think they put it right in-between...

does anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
11 Posts
i am too wondering where it happens if the shedule will be near my country means i will buy a ticket anywa to watch the favourable worldcup

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
trizz251 said:
may??? in latvia??? thats impossible, playoffs are going on during then. and of all places in latvia????
Latvia was last year, this year I think its in Russia? But they can still have it during the playoffs, players on teams who didn't make the playoffs or get knocked out early can participate in it.
Thats for the World Championship though, the World Cup is usually held in September right? I thought I heard they were going to stop doing it just because its a month before the season starts, players can get injured etc.

·
Registered
48 Posts
well i know that's where the world championships are, i thought we were talking about the world cup here. It'd be cool if they had the world cup again...

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Any reason why there wasn't a World Cup in 2000? There was one in 1996, and then another 8 years later in 2004.

Why the huge break?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I thought they had the world cup cause NHL players back then couldn't play in the olympics and represent their respective country. is that also why they had the canada cup too?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts