Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your all-time favourite hockey video game?

Are you an old school fan and would go with Ice Hockey or Blades of Steel?

Are you a die hard EA fan or do you think the 2k series has changed all the rules?

Maybe Wanyne Gretzky and his 3D hockey did it for you.

If your a fan of a series please name your favourite year of game.

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
I love all the EA Sports video games. Ive had right from NHL 2000 to NHL 2007 and I love them all.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
NHL 98 for PC rocked like no other NHL game I've ever kown. Not to mention they had the BEST. INTRO. EVER!

NHL 07 comes ooh soo close though.

... *looks around*

Ya', I'm old school!!! You got a problem with that?! Huh?! :mad:

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
They don't make intros like this anymore.

Back then, Hockey was all about Rock'n Roll baby, not the waered down music we get now:

YouTube - NHL 98

"Are you willing to donate your body?...
Got a problem with a bully???...
Can you stop a speeding bullet?...
Or are you afraid of the masked man?"...

There's also the PC Version with the extra ending. It's more complete and has the "EA Sports Presents: NHL 98!" in some powerful voice.

YouTube - nhl intro 98

So...

"Can you stop a speeding bullet?"

:cool:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Me and a buddy have put probably 100+ hours into 2 player seasons on 2K5,2K6 and 2K7.

I've played EA's games and dont think they even come close.

Im also playing NHL Eastside Hockey Manager. Its a hockey sim, the best out there probably since as far as I know its the only one.

Also NHL 95 was great. Fear the Chicago Blackhawks with a young Roenick.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I remember playing EA Hockey back in 1992. I've owned EA hockey games every year since then. I guess i'm a loyal EA fan. I also own 2K7, which I also like. I hate the Wayne Gretzky 3D hockey, worst hockey game of any sort to ever hit the market.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I must say NHL 07 for the Xbox 360 i've been playing hockey game since NHL 99 and NHL 07 if you can look past the glitches is just a phenomenal game.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's probably NHL '05 for me. There's some things I like better on the newer versions but I put some many hours into that game with my buddies that it's my sentimental favourite.

Although few games rock like Blades of Steel when I was a kid. I think it was the first game you could fight in and the mini games during intermission would cool.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
I like both EA and ESPN. However 2K and ESPN has slightly won me over.

I'm not a old school fan...

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also played a lot of Wanye Gretzky's hockey for N64. I wouldn't say it's a favourite of mine but I sure put a lot of hours into it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Has 2 be NHL Eastside hockey manager 07. real fun and had me addicted 4ever. It's a PC game in wich u can be the GM of any hockey team in the world. U assign scouts give out contracts set up lines and everything. U can watch ur team play,but there only little circles with the number on there backs.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
This is a tad bit off topic. But, I recently watched a clip on some site that show Detroit Red Wings scoring a goal, and the goal horn acctually sounded like the real thing. Anybody know what game this could be? I'm just curious, if anybody knows. Cuz, in NHL 07 the horns sound kind of accurate but not totally. But, the Wings horn is not close. Haha.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Currently: NHL 07 (would've been NHL Hitz Pro 6 months ago). NHL 07 is the first game to pull me away from the NHL Hitz series; I've played all three to death.

PC: NHL 2001 is the only version I've played. That was a lot of fun at the time.

Oldschool: NHL '93 for the Genesis. This is what got me into hockey. It's still fun to play now. But, it doesn't compare well with the current hockey games. Control of the player is too limited.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts