Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this guy, don't get me wrong. He's a proven winner on every international stage there is. I have met him in person and he's a class act all the way. However, I'm very concerned that something is wrong.

He's just not playing like himself lately and it's killing his stats and costing us games. He is letting in some really soft goals and just doesn't seem to have his head in the game. I know that Renney doesn't want to put Valiquette in net for obvious reasons.

Anyone out there in Ranger land that see's this and has any idea what's going on?

·
Registered
313 Posts
i completely agree with this. i dont get it but he's just not showing the flash he once had. i think valiquette is right now the superior goalie and should be getting the starts for PROVING he deserves the job by winning.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I love this guy, don't get me wrong. He's a proven winner on every international stage there is. I have met him in person and he's a class act all the way. However, I'm very concerned that something is wrong.

He's just not playing like himself lately and it's killing his stats and costing us games. He is letting in some really soft goals and just doesn't seem to have his head in the game. I know that Renney doesn't want to put Valiquette in net for obvious reasons.

Anyone out there in Ranger land that see's this and has any idea what's going on?

Where have you been this is old news.

Did you know his father had a brain anyurism and was operated on. Sure his head is not in the game but under the circumstances he is doing his best. He did save the game last night on the Vanek breakway.

Lundqvist stats.
7th in wins
2.37 GAA
7 shutouts

Those are very good numbers for someone who's head is not all there now.

He will be fine. The Rangers are scoring now like they should and any goalie will tell you its always easier to play with a lead. Of course they will always be that one stinker of a game.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know all about his dad...actually spoke to him about it in January when they were in town to play the Oilers....I am eating my words tonight as he just got a shutout but still...the reaction time just isn't the same....the fire is out of his eyes...there comes a time when you have to focus on the job you are paid to do...this might sound terrible but at my work...you only get a week off if a family member dies...not 4 months...

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
I know all about his dad...actually spoke to him about it in January when they were in town to play the Oilers....I am eating my words tonight as he just got a shutout but still...the reaction time just isn't the same....the fire is out of his eyes...there comes a time when you have to focus on the job you are paid to do...this might sound terrible but at my work...you only get a week off if a family member dies...not 4 months...
His dad didn't die yet did he? That means he doesn't have closure and it's an ongoing thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts