Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite would probably be Ron Tugnutt gashing his index while cutting a bagel the morning before a game, and missing over 5 games because of it.

Which brings me to the question..what are the silliest ways that you have ever injured yourself?

And for good measure, what are some of the most absent minded things that you have done and can actually laugh at yourself about now?(I.e. locking your car keys in your car..while it's still running).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I fractured a couple toes running for a phone, and attempting to jump over my couch for it in my apartment. Key word here.."attempted". Ended up landing very awkwardly.
I was laughing as I was cussing out loud.

As for absent minded..

Playing goalie in hockey without a helmet..with friends who have wicked slapshots, that they can't control.
Needless to say, i've got the scars to prove it.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Some of the silliest ways I have been injured are:
I was playing soccer once with my gym class against this outdoors class so it was a co-ed class against all girls. Anyways I was going after the ball and ran into a guy and sprained my knee and of course he didn't get hurt.

I have sprained my left ankle 3 times the first time I stepped on my cousins leg while on the trampoline. The next 2 times it involves a vaccum on the stairs and at the top of the stairs I might add. A note to everyone don't leave a vaccum on the stairs it could be dangerous. lol

And I am not sure if this is considered absent minded but once I was waiting for my mom to get off work and I had the keys to the vechicle and I thought she did a bad parking job and I still had about 15 left until she was off so I took the car for a drive and I also thought the parking spot would still be open by the time I got back. So when I got back the spot was taken and I had to park the car farther away from my moms work. I might add I did not have my license at the time which made it even worse, my mom wasn't to impressed BUT I felt proud for doing a better parking job then she did :laugh:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
/\/\/\
Funny.

A few years ago I was working in a remote town in BC (Field, near Golden if anyone knows the area) doing night security at a resort, which basically meant I shovelled a lot of snow. Tons and tons.

When you work in security there's only two things you need to remember,
1. Don't get caught doing anything you're not supposed to.
2. Don't lose your keys, pass cards, radio etc.

I was pretty good at one and not the other. In the same night I lost my keys and my radio. I was super tied and didn't feel like being awake, let alone outside in minus 30 degree weather. Anyways, I going around and doing my checks, writing down numbers that don't really mean anything to me and ignoring stuff that would make my job harder when I noticed that everything was pretty quite. I look to my hip and realized I've lost my radio. I lost another one a week before and my boss was pissed, he told me I'd be on the first bus out east if I lost anymore equipment. So I begin to freak out, I was in an underground bunker type thing so I dart up the stairs and take off for the lodge (hoping I left it on a table when I sat down to eat).

I get to the lodge and ask the other night staff if they'd seen my radio and they all said they hadn't. I grab another one and test to see if I can hear it go off but no luck. Dammmmnnn! Alright, so I gotta retrace my steps, I'll hop in the truck and start from my cabin. As I jump in I notice I'm not making a clinging sound and, oh my lord, I lost the keys!

Ahhhhh.

Now I'm running from area to area, retracing my steps, desperately hoping these things show up. Before too long I start thinking about how much money I have and how I'll get home, unfortunatly both answers where not much. I work my way back to the bunker I ran from when I found out I lost my radio, even though I won't be able to get in because I don't have my keys. Sulking like-a-teased four-year-old I walk up to the door. Then suddenly luck changes, even if it was just a little.

One of my duties was to chip away the ice that forums on decks and such, but that really sucked, so you know...Anyways the ice had built up just enough and I must of left so fast that I didn't push the door shut and it was barely open, just a millimeter but it was the miracle I needed. I ran down stairs and Halleluiah! My keys! That's one problem solved.

I searched for another hour in the dark walking up and down the trails I had hiked through earlier in the evening. Freezing and frustrated I began to get mean. I kicked a tree, pretty hard too and if was completely uncalled for, I was swearing and throwing things around when I looked up to the sky and said, "Why the blank do you do these things to me Lord? Cause it feels like a dumb joke."

All of a sudden, the load of snow the branch above me was holding dropped down, showing me and giving me a damn fine snowjob. Great, I think, and as I wipe the snow from my face I notice a small black dot in the snowbank by my feet. Whaaa? I grab it and it feels kinda like, could it be, oh my God it is!

My Radio!

About three minutes later my boss called me on the radio and asked me to come see him. He had no idea what happened but if I didn't answer that radio call, I might still be hitch hiking back from out west.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talk about awesome timing on that last story!

...I remember trying to speed past a turning car while biking.
He didn't see me, so didn't brake(well, until the very last second)...and I got hit pretty hard. Me being me, I just burst out laughing as I limped back onto my bike and casually kept going as if nothing had happened. Luckily, I didn't break a bone.

I could just imagine what it must've been like for that driver. Hit a cyclist hard, have them nonchalantly get back onto their bikes while laughing, and just casually bike away.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When it comes to absent minded, though, i've done alot of the classics.
The best one, was putting a plastic plate on an oven burner, forgetting it there, and opening the oven burner.

Either that, or putting my cereal box in the fridge and the milk carton in the cupboard.
Leaving the keys in the door, and frantically searching for them for hours...and so on.

Got to love the partying years...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts