Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching the LA game and Buffalo game for a bit and noticed something..odd...let me just say it....they had a ton of fans in Buffalo!!!

Attendance: 18,690
what happen? I thought they were one of the clubs that was stuggling with attendance...can someone tell me if I am wrong or if i'm right...how did so many people show up :?

·
Hockeyforum Legend
2,960 Posts
They're starting to win, so the fans show.. thats how it works in cities like this. When the team is on a high they jump onto the bandwagon. If they're losing, they couldn't care less

·
Super Leafs Fan
4,714 Posts
I'm believing that this team can make it to the playoffs

they won 7-2 over ATL today. and: Attendance 18,690 at HSBC Arena
WOW 2 sellouts in a row..wonder when the last time that's happened?

are now 4 points out of a playoffs stop. NYI tied LA 1-1 earlier today.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Buffalo is one of my favoured teams. I've liked them ever since Hasek left. :lol:

They're an exciting, young hockey club that's slowly making it's way up the ladder.

With young guns like Miroslav Satan, Ales Kotalik, Taylor Pyatt, Jochen Hecht, Daniel Briere, Maxim Afinogenov, Chris Drury, Jean-Pierre Dumont and rookie Derek Roy to name a few of their very talented and speedy forwards.

They're quite young on the back end as well. Dmitri Kalinin, Henrik Tallinder, Andy Delmore, Rory Fitzpatrick, Jay McKee and Brian Campell all under the age of 30.

They have just one player older than 32 years old - 41 year old, Winnipeg-native James Patrick.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
they are slipping now and are going to trade Satan and Zhitnik if they lose both games on the weekend says TSN's Gord Miller

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Boston will beat them again tommorow:)
We have had their number all year. Good close games for the most part tho. Buffalo does have some very talented players.

S

·
0 Posts
...Buffalo does have a good team and I hope they make it into the playoffs this year!
...I don't understand why more people don't go to your games,I've been to your arena several times and it is a very nice place,filled with helpful staff and great fans(except the guy who threw coke at us from the balcony when the Bruins scored).

·
Registered
464 Posts
Come on Buffalo!!! I'm going to be moving from Louisiana to Buffalo in about 2 weeks. I really, really, really want them to make the playoffs. *L* I'm dying to go see a game!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Buffalo isn't going to make the play-offs.. Unless the Islanders have a break-down

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Jersey could have been number 1 all season, and still not filled their seats. The folks down there only get geared for the playoffs, never the regular season.

Its been that way every year for jersey. 3 cups, and no full scale fanbase.

With population and location, im not surprised new york has a full house every night or close to it.

Boston. Now there is a team that's audience sent a message to management. Huge fanbase, but The attendance in boston dropped steady for the last few years because they always dropped the stars when the stars asked for cash. Fans stopped going, management finally went out and did something to show commitment to winning(gonchar, Nylander) and have a true #1 goalie, the fans are packing into the arena now.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
j0e Th0rnton said:
Boston. Now there is a team that's audience sent a message to management. Huge fanbase, but The attendance in boston dropped steady for the last few years because they always dropped the stars when the stars asked for cash. Fans stopped going, management finally went out and did something to show commitment to winning(gonchar, Nylander) and have a true #1 goalie, the fans are packing into the arena now.
jOe,
I hear what you are saying. The fan base voted with their feet and their wallets and compelled management to act and create a product worth coming out to see. A simular case can be made for what occurred in Vancouver. There are those who will disagree and call the fans "fair weather fans" only, or band waggon jumpers. Boston and New England are great hockey markets. Buffalo and Western New York have been and could be again.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts