Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
anyway puck moving d-man, i see marc andre bergeron(think i spelt it right) is still available should only be about a $800k - $1million cap hit, maybe give him a 2 yr and see what he can do, he's a 25+ points a season 2nd/3rd line defence.....

also any news on hanzel? here he not far off a contract being signed....

·
Registered
134 Posts
anyway puck moving d-man, i see marc andre bergeron(think i spelt it right) is still available should only be about a $800k - $1million cap hit, maybe give him a 2 yr and see what he can do, he's a 25+ points a season 2nd/3rd line defence.....

also any news on hanzel? here he not far off a contract being signed....
I don't think we will need another puck moving Dman, we already have Acoin, Yandle, Jovo, and the possibility of Ekman-Larsson. Especially when you consider the fast that we still have Sauer, Lepisto, and a few other prospects to look over. If anything wait till after camp to bring someone in, give our own a chance. Not to mention we need to save space in our "budget" for the possibility that Wolski doesnt work out as a center, then we would need to pick one up.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Na that would suck, we want them in the desert.
How is it you have a WIINIPEG JETS LOGO and say that moving them back to the Peg would suck?

And come, now...NO ONE outside of Coyotes fans (all 200 of them, judging by the "Save the Coyotes" rally: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP6OkkcCkSY) "wants them in the desert."

Los Angeles and Anaheim are examples of good moves West and South for the NHL, as are the Avalanche, all three make sense, as the LA/Anaheim area was big, so just like NYC has two teams, the Kings/Ducks duality gives LA/Anaheim two teams as well, and the Avalanche moved to from Canada to another cold-weather area where hockey is appreciated, and they've done fine. Even the Hurricanes...it's a shame that NC had to get their team at the expense of the Hartford Whalers, but the 'canes have been a good team and won a Cup.

Arizona's been a HUGE embarassment, doesn't make sense, no one wants to pay for that team, and very few people want to see the Yotes even when they're GOOD, like now...

Taking away the Winnipeg Jets was like the NFL taking ITS smallest market team, the Packers from the little town of Green Bay, and moving them to Birmington or Los Angeles or San Antonio or wherever it was suddenly fashionable.

Only...the NFL wasn't that studpid and Rozelle, Tagilibue and Goodell have all been TERRIFIC commissioners, whereas Bettman's allowed this Jets/Yotes debacle to occur, ripped teams from Canada and promoted hockey where no one cares (gee...who's up for a Florida Panthers game! Or a Nashville Predators game!) and allowed a WHOLE SEASON to be flushed down the tubes.

Yotes fans, that's a good team...

I just wish it was back where it belonged, and where everyone outside Phoenix wants to see hockey again...everyone wants to see the Jets fly again, not the Desert Dogs keep howling at the moon and about 500 home fans...

First game of the season--Coyotes come in town to play...

My Ducks!

So no hard feelings, Yotes fans, good team...but here's hoping our flock of Ducks bombs the Coyotes into the ground, out of Phoenix and on their way back to Winnipeg!

(Plus, you know, that whole "Western Division" and "Cup" thing, too...gotta beat you for that--see you at the Pond!)

;)

:ana:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Haha I like the enthusiasm Capt. Quack but Im pretty sure we sold out our arena many times once people saw that we had a team that would start to win games and potentially win the cup. While Phoenix Arizona may not be a prime hockey spot, it certainly can support a team. I have said before that Arizona does not have a lot of naturally born people, the pride in our sports are still being grown upon from each new generation, and those who were not born here only want to go to see a team win. If the Yotes put up another season like last season we will continue to see growth in ticket sales and attendance. This city can be a hockey city and I cant wait for the day when we can beat those Disney Ducks for the cup. We will show the NHL that Phoenix needs its dogs.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts