3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
forwards-Doan,Vrbata,Fidler,Stempniak,Wolski,Lombardi,Upshall,Hanzal
Pyatt
defence-Jovonovski,Yandle,Sauer
goal-same
unknown-Maclean,Turris,Boedker,Tikhonov [forwards]
unknown-Goncharov,Ahnelov,Ekman-Larsson,Summers [defence]
unsign-Aucoin,Schneider,Lang,Morris{if asking price too much for Morris} sign-Michalek [if he goes to Ottawa then keep Lepisto
trade-Vandemeer and Prucha to Minnesota for Havlat
and if Michalek stays then trade Lepisto and Nokeleinen to Montreal for Plekanec.If Lepisto stays,substitute Winnik in that trade.If cash won't suffice,Throw in Korpikoski to sweeten either pot.
don't waive any, don't give any prospects up
go with 15 forwards and 6 defence because if these trades could happen verbatum,there would be 11 forwards {not including Bissonette}and a chance for the 4 unknown youngsters mentioned to make the team.If they don't lose Winnik and Korpikoski then 2 could take spots with 2 othes alternating playing time because Bissonette will play sparingly If they don't lose Morris then there will be 5 d-men with 2 of the unknown youngsters possibly making it and players like Heshka and Schlemko filling voids. HOPEFULLY Morris will sign for less to stay here.

·
Registered
121 Posts
forwards-Doan,Vrbata,Fidler,Stempniak,Wolski,Lombardi,Upshall,Hanzal
Pyatt
defence-Jovonovski,Yandle,Sauer
goal-same
unknown-Maclean,Turris,Boedker,Tikhonov [forwards]
unknown-Goncharov,Ahnelov,Ekman-Larsson,Summers [defence]
unsign-Aucoin,Schneider,Lang,Morris{if asking price too much for Morris} sign-Michalek [if he goes to Ottawa then keep Lepisto
trade-Vandemeer and Prucha to Minnesota for Havlat
and if Michalek stays then trade Lepisto and Nokeleinen to Montreal for Plekanec.If Lepisto stays,substitute Winnik in that trade.If cash won't suffice,Throw in Korpikoski to sweeten either pot.
don't waive any, don't give any prospects up
go with 15 forwards and 6 defence because if these trades could happen verbatum,there would be 11 forwards {not including Bissonette}and a chance for the 4 unknown youngsters mentioned to make the team.If they don't lose Winnik and Korpikoski then 2 could take spots with 2 othes alternating playing time because Bissonette will play sparingly If they don't lose Morris then there will be 5 d-men with 2 of the unknown youngsters possibly making it and players like Heshka and Schlemko filling voids. HOPEFULLY Morris will sign for less to stay here.

think we will play ekman-larsson, turris and maclean from the youngsters and keep the other prospects at the rampage and probadly swap a few of them round thoughout the season.

with players to resign if the price is right lombardi, wolski, upshall and aucoin. morris if he drops his 3.3 million a season then maybe the rest will probadly sign ele where or retire, would love michalek to stay but think he's off to ottawa to play with his bro.....

we also need a point per game centre or right winger on the top line and maybe a puck moving d man to help ekman-larsson devolpment

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what the Coyotes should do in 2010-2011 cont.

If we don't lose Winnik because of Lepisto leaving,and Korpikoski isn't traded as well ,then keep Winnik and trade Korps,Picard,and Meyer for Tanguay.Perhaps using Winnik instead of or as well as either of the 2 latter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what the Coyotes should do in 2010-2011 cont.pt.2

If only one rookie defenceman will make the roster,then k
eep Aucoin.This way there will also be Jovo,Yandle,Sauer,
Michalek or Lepisto,and hopefully Morris.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Just play the way you did last season?

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
This future looks bright for Yotes.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well as of right now they have resigned Acoin so hes in. I don't for see Michalek going to Ottawa. They don't have the space or real need for him and he has been an important part of our team for a while. Not to mention he is coming into his prime. I think we will give him 3.5 mil to stay and I doubt he turns it down unless he just wants out of phoenix.

I say we just resign everyone except Morris, bring in Ray Whitney if able, and bring up young guys like Stone, Summers, Boedker, Ahnelov, and Turris. Give Ekman-Larsson a year in the Ramps to fine tune his NA hockey skills. We really just need to add one vet player who can add to the first PP unit and it needs to be a winger. Lombardi/Hanzal/Turris/Lang/Fidler will do fine for our center position. Turris would be the only unproven center in the mix but with Lang and Fidler there to teach him things he will do fine. I expect our line up (assuming we only resign our own guys) to look something like this:

Wolski-Lombardi-Doan
Stempniak-Hanzal-Vrbata
Upshall-Turris-Lang
Korpikoski-Fidler-Pyatt

That would leave Boedker, Maclean, Tikhonov, and Nokeleinen as fillers. Move Purcha for a 5th or 6th rounder come draft day.

Jovo-Yandle
Michalek-Acoin
Lepisto-Summers

Move Sauer and Vandermeer for more late round picks in the draft. We would have Stone, Ahnelov, and Ekman-Larsson to move up and down when needed.

The only player we should look to acquire outside of our own ranks is Whitney, and if we don't get him then go for signing young prospects that didn't get signed. This keeps the cap space low so we can continue to build from within for years.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ran out of room to finish lol.

I would like to see Picard, Bissonnette, Schlemko, and Winnik moved for prospects or picks, along with players I have already mentioned (Vandermeer, Sauer, Purcha). Thats a potential 3-6 picks/prospects we could bring in for players that we don't really need. All of these players are also eating salary, money that we can pay to players we will use for the future. There is no need to trade off for players like Havlat and Tanguay. Both are over rated and injury prone. We need to continue what Don has been doing the last few seasons and build from within unless we see players who have a strong chance at becoming apart of our future franchise. Just remember we don't want to be good for one year, but for decades.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Good luck with Stempniak.

As much as "Yote's fans enjoyed last year I would hope you take one step back/sideways and then go for broke. Some of the assets you could gain would set you up for the next decade.

I'll put something up in the Proposals thread for you. See if you like it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
we have already spend a decade messing around, we need to start winning games and making the playoffs ever year right now. Our squad proved it could do it last year and what we have in the minors is showing they are ready to step up. We don't even really need picks at this point. Sure we could probably fetch a good price for some of our players but why try and fix something thats working, know what I mean? We just need to stay the course.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
i got strong belief in this team for making the playoffs again next year.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Phoenix acquired Patrick O' Sullivan in a trade with the Oilers. I think it's just getting better.:dunno:

·
Registered
121 Posts
6 days into free agency and with what lefted on the market think the coyotes need to strenghtn the wings and defence, now if stempniak re sign's which i think he will given the new lease of life and rediscovering his scoring touch in phoenix then maybe looking at people like ponikarovsky for the wing and guy's like corvo, mottau or sutton from ottawa for the defence. think guys like frolov and afinogenov would be great but just too expensive given our budget issue's. also with the young talent we have guy's like turris, mcclean, ekman larrson, bodker, tikanov and montoya need to be given nhl time and see if they can hack it

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well from the looks of things, at least via Don, there is a possibility that they puck up a defensive D-man if they find a hidden gem in the rough somewhere. Lastly if very appealing contract terms come up with Stempniak then he will resign him, otherwise we shouldn't expect to see him back next year. Based off what Don said thats all he is really scanning the market for. His only other goal is to find out which young guys will be making the team when training camp starts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts