Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well seeing as how the yotes are still in a good playoff spot, who do you think they should move in and move out to help them continue their pace and make a hopefully strong playoff push.

Looking at the team I would say someone who will aid them with offense and PP while still maintaining the defensive state of mind.

To :
Mueller
Purcha
3rd

To Phx:
St.Louis

This trade would be good to help boost offense and it wouldnt hurt us defensively. Plus a cup winning vet on the team could help a lot come playoff time.

·
Registered
121 Posts
think with souray offical on the market we should go for him, he wants to be near his family in l.a and we easily have the cap soace for it and would improve pp so much for us.
i agree with mueller he needs a new start somewhere else and most clubs know of his ability but maybe throw in a defenceman as well like micalek who is a ufa at the end of the season because it dosnt look like he's going to sign a new deal

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
To :
Mueller
Purcha
3rd

To Phx:
St.Louis
There's not a chance you get St. Louis for a package like that. Ignore the C on Lecavalier's sweater, he's Tampa Bay's real leader, their leading scorer who's on pace for a 90 point season and has another year on a very affordable contract. It's going to take a big overpayment to get Tampa Bay to trade St. Louis this year.

If they trade St. Louis, they're going to want good young players. Mueller has struggled for the past two years so his value is down, Prucha will never reach what his potential looked like when he was in New York so his value is down and a 3rd is pretty much worthless in this trade.

If you're serious about bringing St. Louis in, you're looking at a package that is more like Mueller, Ekman-Larsson and a 1st than the one you presented.

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
we need to add for the post season, and with 2 first round picks it could be interesting maybe doing deals with edmonton or carolina
A lot more likely than getting another teams 90 point leading scorer for practically nothing.

Whitney and Cullen from Carolina would be good options.

I also made a proposal in the Proposals thread that Mueller be swapped for Ian White. Ian White can bring some offense from the blueline and play on the powerplay.

·
Registered
121 Posts
think swapping white for mueller would be good for both teams, but maybe better for the maple leafs if mueller does reach his potencial that he has and also would fit in well for toronto in there system, white would give us more on the power play, dont think souray would come to us, he will get a good offer from la or san jose.

as for the carolina issue would prefer cullen as he has more years lefted in him but ray whitney would be great at phoenix for the rest of the season and maybe next year as well......

dont think we will make dracstic's move like trading away top prospects or big name players just for a good cup run but a bit of new blood and ready to build for next year as well

·
Registered
121 Posts
another great win last night, but we need some more offence scoring desperatly, our defender lead the nhl with 33 goals which is good but not there primary job. need a class goal scoring centre to play with doan and also a 2nd line goal scorer to add afew more points, think lang is looking tired and not producing much now.
for the first time in years we are buyers at trade deadline so lets see what don maloney has in store, dont think he would break up the core of youngsters we have to get a quick fix trade but he needs to offer something in return.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's not a chance you get St. Louis for a package like that. Ignore the C on Lecavalier's sweater, he's Tampa Bay's real leader, their leading scorer who's on pace for a 90 point season and has another year on a very affordable contract. It's going to take a big overpayment to get Tampa Bay to trade St. Louis this year.
Well, I dont have the choice but if it were to come up I know that deal wouldnt get it done. It was just a quick thought to get things going here.

englishcoyote said:
i agree with mueller he needs a new start somewhere else and most clubs know of his ability but maybe throw in a defenceman as well like micalek who is a ufa at the end of the season because it dosnt look like he's going to sign a new deal
Im hoping that Michalek resigns. Hes a hell of a player imo, a piece I dont think the yotes should have to worry about replacing.

Whoever we go for, assuming we do make a move, will hopefully be someone who can accurately play in both ends of the ice and can add a lot to our PP. While I don't for see us winning the cup this year, I think its still important to make a decent push. We need a new owner and we need to showcase that our team has a chance to do something. While making the playoffs is a big step, we wont hold our own there with our poor PP and scoring at even. A 30+ goal guy who can be responsible defensively would give us the piece to contend each year while we continue to develop our young talent.

·
Registered
121 Posts
looking to the trade deadline we need to make a move sooner rather than later in adding some offence, especailly with scottie out for the season, cullen, whitney from carolina and ryder at boston are some forwards i would like to see come in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts